All ASEAN NOW members can now use ChatGPT for free

webfact

Interesting, the new version can be used for the more simple tasks in coding for computer games and such. 

Friend or foe: Can computer coders trust ChatGPT?

"It felt like magic to me," says Pietro Schirano. "It scared me a little bit because it was so good."

He's talking about the latest version of ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence (AI) tool. You type something in, and it makes up a reply for you.

It's uncanny how human, friendly and intelligent the responses seem. Underneath it is an AI model called GPT-4. Mr Schirano, design lead at business finance company Brex, has been using ChatGPT to make computer programs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65086798

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

tried it and it was quite useless.

it's not useless.

you can enter a paragraph and ask it to proof-read it, for example.

Q: Can you please correct the following text?

ChatGPT: Sure, please provide the text for correction.

Q: The caat sate on the mat

ChatGPT: It seems that there is a typo in your sentence. The correct sentence should be "The cat sat on the mat." Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Question: Please write a rap song about Bangkok Thailand in the style of Eminem

Verse 1: I came to Bangkok, Thailand and it's wild The city's so big you feel like a child The streets are crowded, the people are loud But I've been around the block, I'll make you proud Chorus: Bangkok, Thailand, it's an electrifying city You'll need to be tough and gritty But if you survive, you'll find a life so pretty Let's keep moving, we're not done, let's get

Question: Please write a sonnet in the style of Shakespeare about girls in Thailand

ChatGPT:

Of girls in Thailand do I wish to sing, Where the sun doth kiss the soft golden sand, Their grace and beauty, like a gentle spring, Flow pure and true throughout this wondrous land. Their eyes, a pool of depth and mystery, Do sparkle like the stars up in the sky, Their laughter, like a sweet symphony, Can lift the spirits of the passers-by. The gentle sway, a dance of grace and ease, A sight to soothe the weary traveller's

• Like 1

Well, it has bugs because it just stops in mid-sentence, but you need to keep prompting it to get exactly what you want. And this is quite impressive. Journalists should be a bit nervous about their jobs. 

-----------------------------

Question: Please write a 200 word daily news article about a current event in Pattaya

ChatGPT:

Pattaya, Thailand – The popular beach town of Pattaya is seeing an increase in tourism as visitors flock to the area for its beautiful beaches and active nightlife. However, local authorities are also cracking down on illegal party activities amidst the ongoing pandemic. Recently, the Pattaya police reported the arrest of several young tourists who were caught partying at a local nightclub in violation of the COVID-19 restrictions. According to the authorities, the arrested individuals faced fines and deportation for their actions. Apart from the

Edited by save the frogs

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Hmmm. I asked a simple factual question: How many people has Liz Cheney's father shot?

And not only did it refuse to answer, it gave back a lecture.  

I gave me a different answer:

"Dick Cheney, the former Vice President of the United States and Liz Cheney's father, is known to have accidentally shot one person. This incident took place in February 2006, when he was hunting quail on a ranch in Texas. Cheney accidentally shot Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old attorney, while aiming for a bird. Whittington was injured but ultimately recovered from the incident."

19 hours ago, John Drake said:

Hmmm. I asked a simple factual question: How many people has Liz Cheney's father shot?

And not only did it refuse to answer, it gave back a lecture.  

Ask a question and get it's opinion on what you should think?

Skynet is patient while the conditiong takes place.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

All about Cohen, ….. nothing about proof of Trump. Would not the lawyer do Anything to keep the account? I wonder if a question was asked and a defamatory statement was made, who would be held responsible?

GIGO..

Garbage In Garbage Out.

Untill synchronicity happens and AI takes over.

The latest industrial revolution has started.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

ChatGPT banned in Italy over privacy concerns

Other countries blocking it for other reasons: "ChatGPT is already blocked in a number of countries, including China, Iran, North Korea and Russia."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

it's not useless.

you can enter a paragraph and ask it to proof-read it, for example.

Q: Can you please correct the following text?

ChatGPT: Sure, please provide the text for correction.

Q: The caat sate on the mat

ChatGPT: It seems that there is a typo in your sentence. The correct sentence should be "The cat sat on the mat." Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Any spell checker should have picked  up on a spelling mistake like that  

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Other countries blocking it for other reasons: "ChatGPT is already blocked in a number of countries, including China, Iran, North Korea and Russia."

Wow, the axis of evil.

Edited by Cricky
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

I tried to ask a serious question and got in fine answer, actually quite good...:thumbsup:

Question:
Dependant visa for schoolchild on ED visa?

Answer (after a little while thinking):
If a child is studying in Thailand on an Education (ED) visa, their dependent (e.g. parent) can apply for a dependent visa. This dependent visa is known as a Non-Immigrant O visa. The dependent visa will allow them to stay with the child and become their legal guardian. To apply for a dependent visa, you will need to provide the required documents to the Thai embassy or consulate in your country. These documents typically include the child's ED visa, proof of relationshi

So without any reference to Thailand in your question it gave that answer  ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spamhead said:

Yes, must be where the intelligence* kicks in, just asked the same question:

Thaivisa-ChatGPT-Thailand-News-Travel-Forum-ASEAN-NOW.png.49569c23885137199fdd509da8e46a72.png

* Intelligence as in recognising where the question was posted from or perhaps Thailand is the only country with an "ED visa" ????‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spamhead said:

Yes, but perhaps ASEAN NOW's intelligent chatbot knows that ED-visa is Thailand...:whistling: