Ditching the Smart phone for a Dumb one !

Are you tired of constantly being glued to your smartphone? The ceaseless and mind-numbing doom scrolling? The constant barrage of notifications and the pressure to be connected to the world 24/7?

Do you yearn for the good old days when phones were just for making calls and sending texts, and maybe the occasional game of Snake? 

Well, you're not alone. 

In recent years, there has been a growing trend of people ditching their flashy smartphones and returning to simpler, more classic phones - lovingly dubbed "dumbphones" by many. 

But why the sudden resurgence in interest? Let's investigate some of the reasons behind this retro revolution.

6 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

still using a nokia button fone i bought  MBK in 2013 life is easy without a smart fone

for msgs and calls thats all i need

ipad for everything else

I used one of those for years until in S'pore was unable to get a sim for it so was forced into the smart phone.

19 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Are you tired of constantly being glued to your smartphone?

No. Because I use my phone as a tool. If I want to use it I use it for that job. Maybe I look at the latest news, or I check my email, maybe I need to calculate something, or maybe I like to take a picture in a shop with lots of details instead of writing it down.

And if I don't want to be disturbed then I put the phone on silent or switch it off.

I still find it amazing when many people seem to make themselves slaves to these things. And some are so stupid that they play a stupid game with the phone in front of their face when they cross the street. Stupid!

Anybody who buys an old-fashioned phone because he can't handle a modern phone should ask himself: Why am I the slave of that phone? 

• Thumbs Up 1