Any need to do a 90-day report just before leaving the country.

You will have no problems leaving Thailand when you didn't do your 90-day report.

And when you return the 90-day clock starts ticking again from the date of entry.

When you do that 90-day report after your return, the Imm Officer might notice the gap in your 90-day reporting history, resulting in a 2.000,- THB fine (with no other consequences). 

As drJack wrote, you can do you current 90-day report within seconds using the on-line app, and avoid the possible fine later.  And if it is not totally inconvenient at the moment, you could do it in person at your Imm Office prior to your departure.

So you want us to guess if you break the law whether or not you will be caught?  Umm ???? no, you won't be caught. You can commit murders too and I guarantee you will not have an issue.  Keep a copy of this legal advice just in case though.

• Sad 2

As I understand it you can do the 90 day report up to 15 days before and 7 days after the due date.

I asked a similar question here last November and that was the answer given plus that if exiting Thailand no more than 7 days after the due date there is no need to do the report.

So I didn't do a report which would have been my first ever as it happens in 10 years of spending time here) on a non O 1 year retirement extension obtained last October. I then left on the 7th day after the due date and returned approx 3 weeks later on a re entry permit. Stamped in until October.

Based  on my re entry date in January another 90 day report became due in March. I did the report after registration using the online app and entering the January re entry date. Application acknowledged and a few days later an email confirming acceptance with a downloadable notice containing the next due date.

By the way and as I posted on a different thread no TM 47 was done on my return to my home here ( confirmed not necessary unless it's a new visa by local IO back last July when one was done and it was a new visa) although presumably the Suvarnabhumi airport hotel did one for my one night stay there.

16 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

By the way and as I posted on a different thread no TM 47 was done on my return to my home here ( confirmed not necessary unless it's a new visa by local IO

Typo.

Think you mean not necessary to file new TM30. 

Not TM47