Website to buy air ticket to Japan

Fred Ziffel

29 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

In the unlikely event that things go sideways (flight cancellations, weather delays, unplanned re-schedulings, etc.), it's much easier to get the airline to help rectify your situation if you book through the airline directly.  

If you book through a third party and things go awry, the airline will often tell you to contact that third party to help you.  Good luck finding someone from online-travel-agent.com to help you when you're stuck in a blizzard in Minsk..

I don't think that is true. I think you have to contact the airline yourself. The problem is if you need a refund, they won't issue it to you directly. But will help you change a flight.

You can also try agoda.com /flights  is a good aggregate next to google.

Many online agent like gotogate will have lower prices. But will not provide an customer service or refunds so better be sure.

Edited by Don Chance

42 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Why?

If you need to change your airline bookings for any reason, you'll have to go through the aggregator to do so. In addition to any airline change fees you'll probably also have to pay hefty fees to the aggregator. That has been my experience and I now only book directly with airlines, too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Others have already answered for me and they covered it - must simpler and better service if you have problems or need help.

But in fact credit card chargebacks are easier if you go through an agent and if you have a half decent credit card that includes travel insurance you'd be covered for most issues.

Another benefit booking through an agent is that you don't have to beg an airline at check in to let you in if you don't have a credit card with you that you used for the payment. If someone buys a ticket for you there is always an issue if booking directly.

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

But in fact credit card chargebacks are easier if you go through an agent and if you have a half decent credit card that includes travel insurance you'd be covered for most issues.

Another benefit booking through an agent is that you don't have to beg an airline at check in to let you in if you don't have a credit card with you that you used for the payment. If someone buys a ticket for you there is always an issue if booking directly.

I'll agree with your second point but as I use my own card to buy my tickets it is not an issue for me personally. Most airlines don't care but some do, that's true.

But other than that I don't see any advantage to using an agent; you don't get better prices so what is the point of taking a risk when you can just book direct with the airline?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

A lot of people had major issues with 3rd parties & travel cancellations at the start of Covid so since then have sworn off using an Agent to book travel. 

I used to have no problem doing it either way but would lean towards using the airlines own website as I found it easier to add luggage, choose meals, reserve seats etc… Fortunately at that time I’d booked my UK Trip directly with Qatar so when I had to cancel it due to Covid,  I had the choice of a refund or vouchers +10%, took the latter & used these 2 years later. 

Nowadays I only ever use the airlines own site. 

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

https://www.jal.co.jp/th/en/

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/th/

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/index.page

https://www.zipair.net/en

Those are your choices for direct flights. Personally I only ever book flights on the official airline website.

Always wise to book directly with the airlines.  Using 3rd party travel sights makes changes to an itinerary much more difficult.