Is "begging" for money the new norm in this society?

Confuscious

I don't really have a problem with it.

Such sites / posts are easy to skip. It's reasonably easy to tell what's a scam or what might be something that floats your boat and you may want to support. Social media has just made it easier for an individual to reach a mass audience where previously it required a huge team effort with lots of $$$ upfront.

I see YouTube as something along the same lines. Initially I thought it was full of pointless wannabee "influencers" that weren't worth a moment of my time (and there is absolutely plenty of that), but over time and with an open mind I've come across many channels that put out fantastic content (such as Technology Connections as just one example).

I've been involved with a major business behind the clipboard warriors that you see at shopping malls, asking to you save dogs, save the children, help the aged, cure cancer and many other worthy causes. In doing so I see the vast amount of overhead that these businesses add, and the small percentage of your money that actually goes to the real cause (but don't let that stop you donating).

If the GoFundMe type sites allow just a handful of people in real need raise funds for a worthy goal with much less overhead than the main stream alternatives then I think that's a good thing.

Nobody is forcing anyone to donate to anything that they don't want to.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I've been involved with a major business behind the clipboard warriors that you see at shopping malls, asking to you save dogs, save the children

It can be odd that big and worthy charities will allow marketing companies to have spruikers at shopping centres etc, gathering funds or subscriptions on their behalf, diminishing substantially the percentage actually helping people. Could be as little as 15 per cent or worse actually does good and a big chunk of the rest helps the marketing company and spruiker. I suppose they feel that some is better than none. 

I see in the area near my work the people who donate always look like nice caring people who probably have no idea such a small amount will actually help the kiddies or dogs or whatever.

If donating best to give direct to charity site rather than feeding the inbetweeners. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2

Have you realised that these days, nothing is your fault, its everyone elses

You behave badly, its someone else fault

If you say something controversial, its considered abuse/racist/sexist/ageist to disagree or point it out

Naturally, begging for a hard luck story seems the norm

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

Seems so.  Do you have a link to this app so I can create some full-frontal naked videos and solicit donations?  Thanks ????

Some action of you with a blow up doll would be worth some income on fetish websites.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

wha'ts more scary is that grown adults are using tik tok.

Grown adults. ???? 

Sadly, some people never grow up.

Soi Buakhao is full of these middle aged, elderly juvenile delinquents.

Edited by Cricky

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

These vids are AI targeted…

… so the question should be asked… “why is AI targeting you with half naked begging geriatrics?’????

..meanwhile I’m sure I’m watching more F1 & skiing videos than all the ‘look at my cameltoe’… ‘oh no I’m braless’ videos would suggest….   ????

The algorithm has him targeted ... dirty b@gger lol ????????????????

9 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I know some guys who are making real good money of this "Donate" button.

Is this the future of our society?

Begging for money?

It's not begging for money.  It is giving people free content and asking them if they enjoyed it, or got some value from it, to consider leaving a small tip/donation.   

If you don't want to pay then don't.  

Creating content is a lot of work, even the rubbish stuff!

• Haha 1

I'm surprised how well some of these guys who make videos on Youtube are doing. One I follow is called Hoovies Garage, it's a car show that is earning the creator thousands of dollars in advertising and donations, enough for him to be able to purchase a fleet of expensive luxury cars.

A True crime Podcaster , was saying he posted some serious content on Tic Tok,

no interest at all , then he posted a few seconds of Krap stuff  videos and it was  looked

at by 1,000"s , short attention spans , stupid posts that mean nothing , that's the secret.

regards Worgeordie 

• Thumbs Up 1

????Been around for 1000s of years begging nothing new ! As far as tic toc or Any CCP Owned apps Bite dance etc,. Only fools would install ! as far as Fbook no difference Zuckerberg is Criminal they all are,  l don't trust any of them personally , unfortunately or fortunately we need there phone apps that's risk l'm ok with bit of contradiction l know ???? Bob each way for me ! but definitely will not install any known CCP apps ???????? myself " Go look up CCP tic toc American CEO claims Being Questioned it YT claim to be Singaporean however is very  high ranking  member of UF / CCP high up level in CCP party ex CEO of Bite dance don't have those jobs if Your not high ranking to 1???????? Xi offical in Any company in China if American or Australian EU UK All have CCP officers inside these companies , even in our Embassy in China you can only employ who CCP Tell you too ! that's tells you everything with power of CCP and how stupid our countries are to remain there ???????????????????? Elite politicians Elite wealthy, Examples Blackrock , Vangard , use your money  ???? ???? to invest  Not there money???????? in China only yours like pension fund from America?? Once goes missing bad luck for you 8 trillion$ is the estimate ????Bankrupting America along  with rest of the  ???? Emporer Xi ????????

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Begging is easier than working.

Lots of lazy people in the world today.

Correct, but when they have maxed out their credit cards, that's when begging comes in handy.

Edited by watchcat

TikTok seems to show me a large number of videos of sexy Thai chicks wearing bikinis by a pool or on a beach. No idea why, but the only button I use is the "like" button. I'd be happy to give them a "donation" but it wouldn't be cash.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm surprised how well some of these guys who make videos on Youtube are doing. One I follow is called Hoovies Garage, it's a car show that is earning the creator thousands of dollars in advertising and donations, enough for him to be able to purchase a fleet of expensive luxury cars.

That will change very soon.

My country (and several other countries) has got access to the financial details of their citizens and is analyzing "Sudden Wealth" to cash unpaid taxes.

15 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

That will change very soon.

My country (and several other countries) has got access to the financial details of their citizens and is analyzing "Sudden Wealth" to cash unpaid taxes.

It's pretty obvious he's making money from the show, so I'm sure the Tax Office would be aware of his earnings.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

wha'ts more scary is that grown adults are using tik tok.

I was surprised to hear that on EU government mobiles, tik tok is now being banned. Either the bureaucrats are getting younger, perhaps sent to Bruxelles right after college, or just more childish...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1