Make peace, not war The Kremlin’s internal polling shows that more than half of Russians now favor negotiations with Ukraine, while only a quarter want to continue the invasion

Scott

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I wonder how long the people of the Eastern and Southern Russian Confederation states, which have provided the bulk of draftees, are going to continue to put up with this war?

Possibly until there are no more to conscript and the dead fill the cemeteries full, that would be my guess, and of course is just my opinion              

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Scott said:

55 percent of Russians favor peace talks with Ukraine, while only a quarter of the respondents still support continuing the war.

Good news at last hope it gains momentum and is true. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Interesting that this was "leaked" by the Kremlin itself.  Could it be the start of an attempted face saving by Putin?  "Of course, we want to, and could, fight until we win, but the people have spoken, and I always follow the will of the Russian people".  It could also be a double bluff though.  Set some ridiculous conditions in the negotiations, and when Ukraine refuses to accept them, carry on the attack with the (delusionally perceived, and broadcast as such to the Russian people), moral high ground.  "Look, we did what you said, but these Ukrainians are having none of it. We must continue the fight.  Fresh conscripts!".

Well at least someone should use it to find some dialogue to finding a way to end the war. 

• Like 1

For those paying attention, Russia has always been willing to negotiate......it was Boris (UK/USA) who scuttled negotiations, and since then Ukraine hasn't had any wins big enough to be able to get back to the negotiating table with a hand worth playing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

16 minutes ago, ogb said:

For those paying attention, Russia has always been willing to negotiate......it was Boris (UK/USA) who scuttled negotiations, and since then Ukraine hasn't had any wins big enough to be able to get back to the negotiating table with a hand worth playing.

Problems with Ukraine and Russian have being going since the 90's, Boris just jumped in to help when then there was an actual invasion. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The problem being that Russia will want to negotiate on its terms only, and that would include keeping any gains they may have made, as well as the other parts of Ukraine which they invaded a while back.

And I don't see why Ukraine has to have "any wins big enough to be able to get back to the negotiating table" when it is their country and IMO the worst possible scenario would be to go back to the status quo of a couple of years ago

I think your right unless there is a U-turn and change in the leadership of Russia's government, Russia will not give in to anything IMHO. 

• Like 2

Amazing that with all the censorship threats prison sentences for Russian protesters that this is happening perhaps Putin is losing control and will be rubbed out soon!the only negotiation I feel is nessary is reparations turning over war criminals for trial and safe passage for Russian military personnel leaving Ukrainian lands slava Ukraine ???????? 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The way to end the war doesn't need to be "found". It isn't lost. The same solution as Vietnam needs to be applied.

I do not think the same conditions are present, until/unless I see evidence that the Ukrainians have given up as a result of corruption on their side.

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

I do not think the same conditions are present, until/unless I see evidence that the Ukrainians have given up as a result of corruption on their side.

The US did not withdraw from Vietnam because of corruption, they were on the wrong side of popular opinion and righteousness just as Russia is now.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

half of Russians now favor negotiations with Ukraine, while only a quarter want to continue the invasion

And the the remaining quarter has left the country.

Yeah most of them are in Bali or Thailand 

1 minute ago, Vlad66777 said:

Mykolka, if I were naive, as the author of the article, I would definitely make a reference to the Russian press.
You probably noticed that I just pointed to the author's source of information, which does not inspire confidence.
It's because you've been most busy manipulating the spelling of the word - Russian.
You obviously don’t have enough mind for more, like most of your fellow countrymen who are now dying in the war for visa-free travel and the right to wash toilets for the Germans and the British.

Yes Comrade 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bendejo said:

And the the remaining quarter has left the country.

Not a quarter, but maybe only one percent. Many are now returning home. Because it's already warm in Russia. For example, I lived in Pattaya for five months from October to March. I will be back in November, I plan to buy two apartments. One apartment for myself and another for my wife. We can't sleep together because I snore loudly and my wife hits me on the head at night.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons for buying up apartments by Russians. We snore very loudly at night, and wives don't like it.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad66777 said:

Not a quarter, but maybe only one percent. Many are now returning home. Because it's already warm in Russia. For example, I lived in Pattaya for five months from October to March. I will be back in November, I plan to buy two apartments. One apartment for myself and another for my wife. We can't sleep together because I snore loudly and my wife hits me on the head at night.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons for buying up apartments by Russians. We snore very loudly at night, and wives don't like it.

free financial advice: I'm not optimistic for the value of real estate in Ruzzia (don't complain about my use of your President's favorite non-Ruzzian character)

5f15f05f04791.jpeg.5ee17ecc85c904f0b0adb533443a0e87.jpeg

the reason I'm not optimistic about the value of real estate is demographics and economics.