Work-from-home order issued as Thai city tops world pollution table

ozimoron

46 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

This year, since covid seems to have been forgotten, is by far the worst I can remember in my 20 years of living in CM.  

It is so bad we have actually decided to leave.  We are in the process of buying a place to live back in the UK.

We will come back in the rainy season or early cool season, when the pollution has gone, then fly back to the UK each year.  

Flights are expensive now, and I don't like flying.... So can only see us doing this a few times before we give up on ever coming back to Thailand.  I think a lot of expats will be doing the same. 

I hear you. I also sold all my stuff and left CM last week. Moved back to the west. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

in the coming years millions and millions of people are going to get sick and die needlessly. 

aqi 600 hahahahahaha you are better off putting your mouth on the back of an exhaust pipe now...with the high emission standards and all.

• Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 1:02 PM, jak2002003 said:

This year, since covid seems to have been forgotten, is by far the worst I can remember in my 20 years of living in CM.  

It is so bad we have actually decided to leave.  We are in the process of buying a place to live back in the UK.

We will come back in the rainy season or early cool season, when the pollution has gone, then fly back to the UK each year.  

Flights are expensive now, and I don't like flying.... So can only see us doing this a few times before we give up on ever coming back to Thailand.  I think a lot of expats will be doing the same. 

Exactly what we did ten years ago. I'd put up with the pollution for over twenty years, but noticed it was getting worse & worse every year until one day, I'd had enough. We sold the house & moved to Australia in 2013 & my Thai wife says she is never going back to C Mai (or LOS) ever.

After we returned, I was diagnosed with laryngeal cancer (non-smoker) & had 3 months radiation therapy to remove it. Our daughter was only three when we left & doesn't speak a word of Thai.

Sadly, most Thais (and many expats) are not in a position financially to be able to leave.

I hate flying too, but I still have friends in C Mai & will visit them each year on my own, in rainy season and only for two weeks. I wish you all the best in you move.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1