Last day of water throwing

zombie nights

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I would guess that as from Monday 17 April, there will be no more water throwing.

Pattaya celebrates a week later than other places in general. April 18 and 19 will be big days.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

The 12th in my experience, and finishing on the 19th as mentioned above.

So the 11th we are all still safe from any water throwing? Someone above said from 11th to 19th is the madness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackshadow said:

correct or the 20 th !!!

I am fairly sure they have had the parade on the 20th in previous years but it is scheduled for the 19th this year, that usually brings things to an end.

Little doubt the impatient will be in full swing on the 12th.

5 hours ago, blackshadow said:

correct or the 20 th !!!

The 20th it already moved on to somewhere else. 19th is absolutely the BIG DAY and it starts (in the BAR Areas) as soon as the 10th or the 11th.

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The 20th it already moved on to somewhere else. 19th is absolutely the BIG DAY and it starts (in the BAR Areas) as soon as the 10th or the 11th.

Great. Good luck I stocked up on groceries. Might not spend much money the next 10 days. Hope, it will turn out well economically for Pattaya. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I never got this right, when does the water-throwing in Pattaya start, 12th or 13th, and does it just go on for a whole week, or are there 'dry' days after the 15th?

Dry Days 5555555555

No ..... way.

Expect to get wet as soon as the 10th but those will be very isolated areas (Bar areas) and then it's onwards till the 19th. 20th it is finally all over again

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Expect to get wet as soon as the 10th but those will be very isolated areas (Bar areas) and then it's onwards till the 19th. 20th it is finally all over again

Wonder how they make any money during that time. As for me, I can do without being showered with dirty, cold Khlong water...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Great. Good luck I stocked up on groceries. Might not spend much money the next 10 days. Hope, it will turn out well economically for Pattaya. 

When I lived in Pattaya I started to stock up around the 1st and stayed in my Condo from the 10th onwards. In front of the condo we fortunately had a Good Motocycle guy who went out and gets stuff. But forget the 18th and the 19th to go and travel anywhere.

5 hours ago, topt said:

You have obviously never spent time in Pattaya.......or got your dates mixed up :unsure:

The big day here is the 19th. 

@zombie nights the water throwing will finish here late on the 19th.

Happened to me years ago, went to Pattaya on the 16th of April, thinking: "Thank god, Songkran is over." Till I got there... ????

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wonder how they make any money during that time. As for me, I can do without being showered with dirty, cold Khlong water...

The more the revellers enjoy themselves while throwing water the more they drink alcohol is my guess.????

Edited by MJCM

12 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I'm staying right in the middle of a bar area. Guess, the only pussy I will see the next 10 days is the property's cat...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It would be interesting to know who benefits from this water madness. I guess only the by the local government so much loved bars. Many people leave Pattaya or don't visit it during this time. Many people who live here stay at home. I for myself for instance will not go shopping or eating during this time. Who wants to get wet and be in air-conditioned rooms with wet clothes?! I will not even use a Baht bus. Whenever this stops next to a bar you risk that quality tourists pour buckets of water over you. It is a shame that bars and their customers can do what they want. But it is the same with their noise at night. It is bad here in Pattaya. A place for "quality" tourists. 

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Best bet is to get out of Pattaya. My flight comes back on the 20th.

Here at my condo complex it got very empty during the last days. Most people who stay here in winter fly back home before this madness starts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2023 at 11:25 AM, bbi1 said:

So the 11th we are all still safe from any water throwing? Someone above said from 11th to 19th is the madness.

Not entirely safe as there's always outliers like those reported on Klang yesterday (9th), but in general it'll start to pick up from the 12th.

23 hours ago, treetops said:

Not entirely safe as there's always outliers like those reported on Klang yesterday (9th), but in general it'll start to pick up from the 12th.

So far Soi Buakhao has been safe with no water throwing yet. Are we expecting Soi Buakhao "not safe" from the morning tomorrow, being the 12th?

12 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So far Soi Buakhao has been safe with no water throwing yet. Are we expecting Soi Buakhao "not safe" from the morning tomorrow, being the 12th?

Just seen a warning picture elsewhere of setting up on Beach Rd near The Lovely Corner. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just seen a warning picture elsewhere of setting up on Beach Rd near The Lovely Corner. 

Yeah I've always found that Soi 7 & 8 area has always been the epicentre of the action along Beach Road given the concentration of bars there.