Modded Oled Switch

TheLaughingMan

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

OLED = Organic Light-Emitting Diode

There are lots of OLED screens, but I am pretty sure that is not what your post is about.

Maybe tell us a little more what you think about to be sure people are not confused.

o5pe36.jpg

He's looking for a modded Nintendo Switch with OLED display. It's a game console.

• Like 1

So went to MBK and got one there, for anyone interested you can get an oled switch with 128, 256, 512 gigs capacity (the size of the sd card) preloaded with a bunch of games.  The 512 has about 70 games on it.  Price is 17500 for the 128, 18500 for 256 and 20500 (I think) for 512 loaded with games.  Normally an oled switch is about 11500 baht new so you're paying about 5k for the mod chip install and and then paying for an sd card loaded with games or not.  I chose to buy the white modded oled (brand new) for 16500 (one guy quoted me 16000 but it would take 3 hours to prepare whereas the one I bought was ready to go) and then I bought a 1TB sd card for 3600 baht and will load my own games at home.  I did talk him into spending an hour loading 10 games for me for free but I already planned to do the vast majority of the downloading and installing games at home.  Its not hard just annoying.  He had the 512's and under preloaded but they were missing some of my must have games anyway and I wanted 1TB size. 

If you're not in a rush like me and don't want the aggravation of downloading and installing a ton of games you can buy the same setup as me and chose all the games you want loaded on it but he will take a day to do that.  1TB can hold about 150 games depending on if you ask for lots of big games... for 25k baht.  He has a catalogue to choose from.

Edited by TheLaughingMan
  • Like 2

Just bought a new OLED Switch and six original games.

I live in the south, but if I had known about this, perhaps I would have checked MBK out on my next BKK trip.

Good find!

PS Hoping for a future softmod of the system.

Edited by MarcelV

13 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Just bought a new OLED Switch and six original games.

I live in the south, but if I had known about this, perhaps I would have checked MBK out on my next BKK trip.

Good find!

PS Hoping for a future softmod of the system.

Ya right now only the older models can be software modded, but if you wanted you could bring your oled switch to a shop and get it chipped.  Sell the original games to pay for the chip ????

8 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Ya right now only the older models can be software modded, but if you wanted you could bring your oled switch to a shop and get it chipped.  Sell the original games to pay for the chip ????

I'm gonna be patient until the softmod is possible. I got only nine Switch games, but thousands of Wii/3DS/DS/GBA/PSP games to keep me occupied until then or hell freezes over. Whichever one comes first.

(In the process of CFW modding my PS3 and Vita, so I guess PS1/2/3/Vita games are also in my backlog soon.)