UK Pension Service - Total Farse

50 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh dear now its time to put your money where your mouth is 

https://www.taxjournal.com/articles/want-to-pay-more-tax-

Although it is referred to in the article as "the worst sort of virtue signalling" and quite rightly too.

You certainly didn't look very hard did you, I wonder why ?  Lack of sincerity perhaps?  anyway no excuses now  ! how much are you going to pay?   Assuming you still want to, there is absolutely nothing stopping you , 

Thank you.  I did not know that. I will look into it.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, properperson said:

Total Farse

An appropriate description which IMHO can also be levelled against other parts of HM Government - e.g. HMPO when it comes to passport renewals from Thailand. Makes me seriously wonder whether HM Government as a whole really is actively striving to make life just as difficult for us expat Brit retirees in LOS as is humanly possible - in accomplishing which aim it would, of course, find itself being eagerly aided and abetted by its Thai counterpart.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:12 PM, piston broke said:

Talking of total farses - i took the oppertuity of ringing the "international pension centre" help line ....

auto answered by a computer ....  giving you 4 options (you know the dope "press 1 for..." etc .....

mine was option 4 - just after i pressed, was disconnected !

so rang back - pressed 1 - disconnected

so rang back - pressed 2 - disconnected....

And you guessed it - rand back - pressed 3 - disconnected ......

The UK is a total mess .....

The irony is that if arrived in a rubber dingy, a free lawyer would advise me free of charge how to get the application through.....

i could scream ....

Probably didn't have any credit on your phone ????

On 4/14/2023 at 8:27 AM, piston broke said:

it was my pal who told me .... like me has lived in Thailand for 15 years and not worked ... he said it was tricky as they wanted him to pay class 1 - but he argued the point and they buckled in the end - he has helped pals in similar situation and they all have paid class2 rather than class 1 - quite a considerable saving .....

So i'm on the class 2 route .....

I think you mean Class 3 (not Class 1).

IMG_4362.thumb.png.6d3059b7b62d72dbaa5ae99dc4fa5c7b.png

I back payed 7 years at Class 2 & continued to pay monthly at Class 2 (up until last month, I should have the 40 years I need once they sort out 1 missing week which was their mistake) because I was working overseas, if you’re not working then you will be charged Class 3. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Unfortunately in this day and age they don’t use emails.

Strange, I had thought in Gateway I might have been able to do it, but no. A letter it will be

18 hours ago, Seppius said:

Strange, I had thought in Gateway I might have been able to do it, but no. A letter it will be

Or alternatively you could phone 'em!????

https://www.gov.uk/international-pension-centre

18 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The only U.K. Government dept you can email is the Visa dept. and you have to pay for it.

Yep, those parts of The Great UK Government Machine we expats have to deal with from LOS really are at the cutting edge of advanced e-comms technologies, aren't they?????

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the replies to my question, outcome was 15-min call to their 0800 number, drop the first 0, took a while for them to answer, but took my new details and all is good