Microwave not working

rak sa_ngop

3 hours ago, bluejets said:

Nope.... just digs the hole for himself deeper and deeper, no way back.

Some just can't be told and as such get the "label" know it all, know nothing.

Do please stop describing yourself so accurately and then attributing your own situation to someone who not only talks the correct talk but is actually currently doing the job.

• Sad 1

Ha Ha Ha.  Check the voltage.  Sorry for the haha but I drove hundreds of km trying to get mine repaired here in Isaan (where service centres can be rare).  Then discovered a person in the village had installed enough AC units to suck the local grid dry of electricity.  He eventually had his own line installed and problem solved as we are back to 220 v again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluejets said:

Nope.... just digs the hole for himself deeper and deeper, no way back.

Some just can't be told and as such get the "label" know it all, know nothing.

No you're wrong again. I love his intelligent contributions. He's usually correct; no a good guy, good advisor. Bit better than you. ????

On 4/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Mine also went doolally a couple of weeks ago. Tried getting it repaired but couldn't so I bought a new Toshiba. Beware when buying a new one as the instructions for mine didn't come in English. 

Our Toshiba did. Thai and English on the buttons and in the book. 

Avoid ones with symbols or only Thai on the buttons. 

You can at a pinch google your new model on the Toshiba site, and download a pdf from there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Mine also went doolally a couple of weeks ago. Tried getting it repaired but couldn't so I bought a new Toshiba. Beware when buying a new one as the instructions for mine didn't come in English. 

I too had that problem with a washing machine. Went to this site, put in the details, model number etc. and downloaded English manual in PDF format..............

www.manualslib.com also another one called ManualsOnline. Good Luck....:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/14/2023 at 6:41 PM, kidneyw said:

After watching Youtube, I surmised that I just had to replace the fuse on my broken microwave. Went to a small Thai electrician who made me a new one. Replaced the new fuse in the Microwave and all hell broke loose. Noise, smoke and fire. 

I nearly had a heart attack.

Binned it and bought a new one.

Someone made a fuse for you? Hmmmmmm.........

Easy...open it, remove all the dead geckos that are inside, look for broken capacitors and fuses....capacitors are very often the reason and easy to replace, easy to see, if they are mechanical deformed. Look for other burned parts inside.
If can't find something within an hour -->Trashbin

And believe the warnings of the others....Microwaves are way more  dangerous than other broken devices, they can really bite if you don't know what you do.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I was thinking more of a .22 caliber bullet....

bridging a fuse, without knowing why it has been gone is usually a bad idea...but if the alternative is the trashbin and you don't care a firework + the wires and fuses in the house are good it might be worth a try....I tried if I can get a stuck aircon compressor running this way. It was spectacular, some metal connectors evaporated, housing had a hole, small explosion...