Anyone bought a "refurbished" phone from Lazada?

giddyup

First, how do you even search for one? Refurbished gets no hits. I just need a cheap smart phone as an audiobook reader, no more than 2000 baht and internet ready. Plenty of no name phones for that price, but have been stung before buying one of those. Or would Tukcom (Pattaya) be a better bet?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Lazada search results in English are never good. Just search for any smartphone under 2000b. You can set up minimum and maximum price you are willing to pay at the lest side of the desktop bar. Use Lazada's 7 day return policy if the item doesn't work. I don't see how can you get burned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Buy cheap new one than buying a 'refurbished' one and take a risk of not working. just common sense here really.

Because I've bought cheap no name from Lazada before and had to return it or it failed after a couple of months.

24 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Because I've bought cheap no name from Lazada before and had to return it or it failed after a couple of months.

You get what you pay, or don't pay, for.

• Like 2

It sounds like you want something simple. But . buying refurbished.is okay but don't expect the same spec as the new one... As  some phone day model but the spec you can get is an older model.as watch the spelling.. like Samsung to sumsung...thats a give away.. 

Edited by yeahbutif
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

47 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Hey Giddyup. On which device are you posting on Asean Now?

Use THAT as an audio book reader. Why another device?

I'm using a Samsung tablet, but I tend to listen to an audiobook before I sleep or if I wake up in the night, and the tablet is too big, I might roll over on it when sleeping. I don't care if I crack the screen of a cheap phone.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm using a Samsung tablet, but I tend to listen to an audiobook before I sleep or if I wake up in the night, and the tablet is too big, I might roll over on it when sleeping. I don't care if I crack the screen of a cheap phone.

Headphones, put it above or under your pillow, on a bedside table. Never heard such lame excuses. But if you want another cheapo device, it's up to you. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

if only listening
why does the tablet need to be on the bed?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

didn't take long to find what i expected to see

"This shop is a scam Anyone thinking of buying must think carefully, I have warned you."

"Not exactly the cover, the camera sucks, the device is messed up, let me tell you before buying, look at a lot of reviews. But when I get the product, why is it so bad? Like this, you lose money for free"

"The old model is very different from the picture. Very bad."

*translated by google

will still likely do the job you are buying it for

Edited by patman30
  • Love It 1

11 minutes ago, patman30 said:

didn't take long to find what i expected to see

"This shop is a scam Anyone thinking of buying must think carefully, I have warned you."

"Not exactly the cover, the camera sucks, the device is messed up, let me tell you before buying, look at a lot of reviews. But when I get the product, why is it so bad? Like this, you lose money for free"

"The old model is very different from the picture. Very bad."

*translated by google

will still likely do the job you are buying it for

Normally I Google translate all the reviews, I failed to do this time. However, thanks to you I managed to cancel. Very hard to find an honest seller for some items on Lazada, fake reviews, deceptive descriptions etc.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, patman30 said:

if only listening
why does the tablet need to be on the bed?

I can keep the volume down if close to my head, and I hate ear buds, so forget that. I know how I like to listen through trial and error over a long period, on the bed by my head suits me best.

28 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Notice it claims to be a VIV0 Y21 not a VIVO Y21. See the difference ??

Therefore a fake. Also claims to be a 7.5" and a 6.1" in the blurb whereas gsmarena reckons a VIVO y21 is a 6.51"'.

Do better research before ordering.

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, terryq said:

Notice it claims to be a VIV0 Y21 not a VIVO Y21. See the difference ??

Therefore a fake. Also claims to be a 7.5" and a 6.1" in the blurb whereas gsmarena reckons a VIVO y21 is a 6.51"'.

Do better research before ordering.

It's a Vivo Y21 not a Vivo Y21? I knew it was fake, you can't buy the real deal for that price.  Fake is OK, as long as it serves it's purpose. It's a minefield on Lazada unless you buy from the official store.

Edited by giddyup

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's a Vivo Y21 not a Vivo Y21? I knew it was fake, you can't buy the real deal for that price.  Fake is OK, as long as it serves it's purpose. It's a minefield on Lazada unless you buy from the official store.

You still don't see it ??

Your link advertises a VIV0 . The '0' is a number zero. Not a capital O. Why do business that is just set up to cheat you?

No wonder you get so many problems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please dont, if you do banking or any other financial activity on phone then dont buy an old phone from internet l. Most phone are bugged with chinese hardware/software spyware. You dont want your personal/financial information compromised.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

The ideal is an iPod for that use.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, terryq said:

You still don't see it ??

Your link advertises a VIV0 . The '0' is a number zero. Not a capital O. Why do business that is just set up to cheat you?

No wonder you get so many problems.

What problems. Don't go making up sh*t.

I can keep the volume down if close to my head, and I hate ear buds, so forget that. I know how I like to listen through trial and error over a long period, on the bed by my head suits me best.

small bluetooth speaker, wired even for 50 baht.......????‍♂️

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why? Doesn't a phone have a speaker?

The point is that you can keep your tablet out of the path of destruction while you listen through the bluetooth speaker placed nearby. The better speakers have pretty good sound.

• Thanks 1