Russia’s oil exports are back to pre-war levels

webfact

image.jpeg

By Anna Cooban, CNN

CNN — Russia’s oil exports have bounced back to levels last seen before it invaded Ukraine, despite a barrage of Western sanctions.

Moscow’s exports of crude oil and oil products rose in March to their highest level since April 2020, jumping by 600,000 barrels a day, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said in its monthly oil report Friday. The rise lifted Russia’s estimated revenue from oil exports to $12.7 billion last month.

The revenue is still down 43% from a year ago, the IEA said, as Russia is forced to sell its barrels to a more limited pool of customers who can negotiate greater discounts.

Full story: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/14/energy/russia-oil-exports-iea-report/index.html

image.jpeg

-- © Copyright CNN 2023-04-15
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Nothing to do with understanding and it doesn't matter given the situation Russia has put theirselves in they are still making money which is not good. 

It'll be less money soon. Oil is facing demand destruction due to renewables and an upcoming recession will see lower demand as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It'll be less money soon. Oil is facing demand destruction due to renewables and an upcoming recession will see lower demand as well.

Well maybe in the west. 

Russian export levels up to pre-war levels is not good. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Perhaps (I’m trying to find a bright spot)the Saudis will reconsider their decision to cut production definitely not a good thing that the orks are selling more oil 

The Saudis have become used to living high on the hog and are friendly with Russia and anyone sympathetic with Russia (did you see what I did there?). They can see that oil demand is weakening and are desperate to maintain oil prices. Oil prices didn't exactly moon after this announcement.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Did you actually read the article. Russia's volume has recovered because it it offering deep discounts on the price of its oil. Is that your idea of not working?

errrr yeah, it proves the 'unipolar world lovers' can't fix prices? OR do you have a different idea on so called 'open markets' and/or 'price fixing'???

• Confused 1

Just now, driver52 said:

errrr yeah, it proves the 'unipolar world lovers' can't fix prices? OR do you have a different idea on so called 'open markets' and/or 'price fixing'???

What's that got to do with the fact that Russia is getting less than it otherwise would for its oil?

Confused much?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Cold comfort for Russia. They have to boost production to meet income requirements.

income requirements for what exactly? have you seen the amount of debt Russia has compared to say the US and the EU.......it's non-existent.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Moscow relies on energy revenue, last year around 11.6 trillion roubles ($146 billion), to fund government spending

whereas the EU and the US economies rely on the printing press and monetizing debt in a graph that appears to be going parabolic, that's working well innit? ????

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, driver52 said:

income requirements for what exactly? have you seen the amount of debt Russia has compared to say the US and the EU.......it's non-existent.....

Which country with money would loan it to Russia?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Which country with money would loan it to Russia?

you don't need to borrow money when you can be 'mostly self-sufficient'.........I think you're falling for the western 'money is debt' narrative sir

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, driver52 said:

i'm not confused about the fact that the EU and the US trying to 'price fix' and 'sock it to Putin brah' has totally and utterly failed.....

how's about you brah, think you can go around the world telling other folks how to 'manipulate prices'??

What don't you understand about the fact that Russia has to sell its oil at a steep discount because of the imposed price caps? Is that your idea of ineffective?

I don't think that OPEC and its allies need any lessons in how to manipulate oil prices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

Sanctions never work. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Did you actually read the article. Russia's volume has recovered because it it offering deep discounts on the price of its oil. Is that your idea of not working?

I agree with 300. There still are buyers who don't give a hoot. Even if Russia has to dump its oil it needs people to buy it. I would like to know what the deep discount is. Sorry, I am a bit too lazy to look up the price. But even if the discount is around the 50-60$ a barrel that is still a nice income for those MOFOS.

7 minutes ago, driver52 said:

so what, sure ALL governments print FIAT, but Russias is backed by gold now.......what's yours backed by? oh yeah, guns and the threat of nukes.....

This may come as a shock to you, but you can't exchange rubles for gold. So no, Russia's currency is not backed by gold. Stop making things up.

The dollar, the yuan, and the euro, among others are backed by strong economies. Not by the magical golden metal.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 1