2 hours ago, allane said:

thank yo u。If doing on line,whatarethe exact steps?

I have PM-ed you a comprehensive Guideline document on

1 - How to register an address on the IO TM 30 website, and

2 - How to notify IO using that website when a foreigner is staying at that address, and downloading the TM 30 notification of having done that.

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

I needed both to do a retirement extension very recently at CW. TM30 was not asked for in previous years.

It seems TM30 is now the foundational requirement without which they won't proceed.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes I recall you posting this.

Will be issue for me in November.

I have never needed a TM30 for extensions at CW.

In fact I have never even made one.

Things can change as sadly happens.

Turkey shoot. 

I was at CW twice this year for retirement extensions, once in Feb assisting a friend with his first extension, then back in March to do my own.

In February my friend required a TM30, in March for my own extension I did not, though I was well prepared to get one while I was there.

Bottom line is you might get asked for one, be prepared.

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

I needed both to do a retirement extension very recently at CW. TM30 was not asked for in previous years.

It seems TM30 is now the foundational requirement without which they won't proceed.

They would not even give me a line ticket last time without showing them a TM30, had to be a print, showing them the info on the phone from their own data base was not acceptable. Samut Prakan office

Also if you have a retirement or marriage extension bring updated passbook and maybe bank letter also if you wish to do something at CW L section.

Note: I find this new, unpublicised new rule that an updated passbook is required to do anything, really very inconsiderate.  I was asked by an older gentleman in his 70's if bank book was required for passport transfer and told him it was. He said there was nothing on their website about this. He didn't have it so he went home. Wasted journey to near the ends of the earth for an old guy in his 70's who had checked their web site. Still, if they catch out the odd person who forgot his bank would withdraw 200 baht for a debit card it must be worth causing that kind of inconvenience to many others.

I did a 30-day extension on my visa exempt at Laksi. This was about 6-7 weeks ago. And, they didn't ask for TM 30 from me.

I don't want to give wrong info. But, I got the idea that they ask it only from people who last entered Thailand via land. As I wrote, I don't want to give wrong info. I could be wrong. 

Does anyone here know about the TM 30 situation for visa exempt  (and tourist visa) extensions at Laksi? I mean, in a certain and accurate manner. 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:40 PM, Red Phoenix said:

And yes I am human, and do take offense at your attitude on my genuine response to your question.

My heartfelt apologies. In your OP I noticed the format indicated a copy and paste and was hoping for the source that exact text was copied from.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 1:59 AM, Maestro said:

Some years ago, the dean of the law faculty of Thammasat University pointed me to www.krisdika.go.th, which is the website of the Office of the Council of State, ie the Cabinet, for thai laws. Of some laws, there is also an English translation on that site.

Thank your for the helpful information and links!

12 minutes ago, ningnong said:

My heartfelt apologies. In your OP I noticed the format indicated a copy and paste and was hoping for the source that exact text was copied from.

Apology accepted, and no hard feelings from my part.

Note: The 'copy and paste' did came from my comprehensive Guideline document on how to register your address on the IO TM-30 website allowing your to issue your own TM-30 (as well as for any foreigner staying at your premises).

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Thanks 1

Hijacking this thread to ask if the extension for visa exempt in BKK is still to be done at IT Square Laksi?

The most recent information I could find on the Bangkok Immigration website was the move to Laksi one year ago.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, hav said:

Hijacking this thread to ask if the extension for visa exempt in BKK is still to be done at IT Square Laksi

Yes. Done at Laksi.

Those with tourist visa attend CW. 

You will need to provide TM30.

You can make appointment. 

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. Done at Laksi.

Thanks!

I need to go this week. Earliest appointment available is mid May. 

I will just show up there and update here if a TM30 was really needed. I did it in the app but it's not a printout. I have never been asked for a TM30 ever (in 15 years).

5 minutes ago, hav said:

Thanks!

I need to go this week. Earliest appointment available is mid May. 

I will just show up there and update here if a TM30 was really needed. I did it in the app but it's not a printout. I have never been asked for a TM30 ever (in 15 years).

My experience from the threads that's it's almost a standard requirement since covid.

Partly due to document check chicks. 

I suggest print it out if you have one.

There is print shop next door to immigration. 

Edited by DrJack54

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. Done at Laksi.

Just for info my printed TM30 screenshot was not accepted at CM today, not sure why. I had to queue to get the correct TM30 and then queue again to get my stamp. No big deal but another 30 mins. This was for a visa exempt extension.

5 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Just for info my printed TM30 screenshot was not accepted at CM today, not sure why

The screenshot should have been acceptable.

Nothing done at CM regards TM30 makes any sense.

Rubbish office. 

8 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Just for info my printed TM30 screenshot was not accepted at CM today, not sure why. I had to queue to get the correct TM30 and then queue again to get my stamp. No big deal but another 30 mins. This was for a visa exempt extension.

Was CM on the dodgy list, officers removed...?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My experience from the threads that's it's almost a standard requirement since covid.

Partly due to document check chicks. 

I suggest print it out if you have one.

There is print shop next door to immigration. 

I just returned from immigration at Laksi. As always in my case, no TM30 needed. In and out in under 1h.

21 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I thought visa exempt extension can only be made at Laksi. Based on your feedback at CW, I'd recommend Laksi. Staff was friendly this time, including the document check 'chicks'.

It's probably better to not show any TM30 and try without it first. Once they saw your screenshot, they insisted on a correct one.

9 minutes ago, hav said:

I thought visa exempt extension can only be made at Laksi. Based on your feedback at CW, I'd recommend Laksi

CM.

As for extensions  (30 day) in  Bangkok.....if you have visa exempt entry you obtain extension at Laski.

If you have a tourist visa you obtain extension at CW.

Regards you not needing TM30 recently at Laksi for extension that means little.

There are zillion posts of the opposite experience.