Fox News apologizes to judge overseeing Dominion case: 'This was a misunderstanding'

onthedarkside

27 minutes ago, Tug said:

Fake Fox News settled with dominion personally I’m disappointed ☹️ hopefully fake Fox News will have to publicly admit to lying to their viewers and totally debunk trumps big lie and I hope 787500 million dollar fine we the American people need to have a public apology from lying fake Fox News 

I have mixed feelings about this.  I loved seeing Faux News exposed and receiving well deserved ridicule.  However it was clear that any ruling against it would be appealed, all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary.  That might have resulted in the court defining the legal line that separates biased, ratings obsessed reporting from lies and slander.  I don't trust the current court to draw that line.

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Fake Fox News settled with dominion personally I’m disappointed ☹️ hopefully fake Fox News will have to publicly admit to lying to their viewers and totally debunk trumps big lie and I hope 787500 million dollar fine we the American people need to have a public apology from lying fake Fox News 

From NYTimes.com under paywall:

Under the terms of the settlement, Fox News will not have to apologize or admit to spreading false claims on network programming, according to a person familiar with the details of the agreement.