return from UK

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

By law, all guests staying overnight must be registered. Of course, the hotel may not see you (or may choose to pretend they do not see you).

Sure, I know that. And fair play to any hotel that chooses to abide by that law without exception.

But....I'm guessing that some hotels may - if they understand/believe my explanation for why I'd rather not register myself but my Thai wife can - think it reasonable to 'make allowances' in that case, esp. if only for one night or a few nights.

But it's their call. ????

2 hours ago, Toolong said:

Sure, I know that. And fair play to any hotel that chooses to abide by that law without exception.

But....I'm guessing that some hotels may - if they understand/believe my explanation for why I'd rather not register myself but my Thai wife can - think it reasonable to 'make allowances' in that case, esp. if only for one night or a few nights.

But it's their call. ????

Why you don't just use TM30 online when you come back home from a trip and stop worrying. Or do you live in a province that won't accept online submissions like another fella mentioned last week?

13 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why you don't just use TM30 online when you come back home from a trip and stop worrying. Or do you live in a province that won't accept online submissions like another fella mentioned last week?

Yes, I'm looking into the online option. 

(But......from what I've gathered from this helpful thread .....problems can still arise - though they might be rare perhaps - when hotels submit wrong details. But then maybe I'm being too skeptical about the tm30 online system's reliability. I used to be very skeptical about the online 90 day system until I realised it was actually excellent!)

????????

• Thumbs Up 2