Phanaeng Curry making part of DSD Thai cooking training

webfact

image.jpeg.5e81cb814fc3913aec6782fdbe4f2

by Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Labour is capitalizing on the popularity of Thailand’s Phanaeng Curry dish. The Department of Skill Development has included Phanaeng Curry making part of its applied Thai cuisine cooking class.

The Ministry of Labour is promoting Thailand’s Phanaeng Curry as a soft power asset among other Thai dishes popular amongst foreigners, such as Pad Thai, Massaman Curry, and Tom Yum Kung.

This cooking class is provided as an occupational program, helping Thai people improve their career and income.

Permanent Secretary of Labour Boonchob Suttamanuswong noted Phanaeng Curry is considered a soft power asset being promoted by the government, saying all the trainees must be able to cook the savory and sweet Phanaeng Curry which has long been a dish beloved by Thai people.

Mr. Boonchob on this occasion conversed with the trainees and went as far as giving a demonstration on how Phanaeng Curry is made.

Phanaeng Curry has recently been named the number 1 stew dish by global food mapping site TasteAtlas, beating the Japanese Kare and Sichuan Hot Pot.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230420085722579

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-04-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't use any sugar when I make my own Phanaeng Curry.

Nor do I, and I make my own Panang paste (shop bought paste usually doesn't include the essential crushed peanuts).   I make mine with more sauce also than is usual from restaurants, and normally with chicken rather than pork or beef.   Here's one I made a couple of weeks ago, with some homemade naan breads rather than rice.

20230411_124208.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:19 AM, webfact said:

The Ministry of Labour is capitalizing on the popularity of Thailand’s Phanaeng Curry dish. The Department of Skill Development has included Phanaeng Curry making part of its applied Thai cuisine cooking class.

One of the Thai recipies that I actually enjoy, the grandmother next door makes a real beauty.

• Like 1