Woman Who Defrauded New Zealand Ambassador Caught After 14 Years

webfact

2 minutes ago, Boyn said:

Well it took some time but the bib got there in the end ,i wonder if it was because there was no more money to put in brown envelopes? or am i just cynical?

I reckon grassed up.......:ninja:

• Like 1

Something doesn't make sense here, how can a 10 million be used of his credit card without all the bells in the world ringing to tell him that something is wrong here? i have 250k limit on my card, how much did the ambassador had on his card i wonder?

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Something doesn't make sense here, how can a 10 million be used of his credit card without all the bells in the world ringing to tell him that something is wrong here? i have 250k limit on my card, how much did the ambassador had on his card i wonder?

Perhaps as his country's Ambassador, he had a no limit card to cover any eventuality....:cowboy:

55 minutes ago, transam said:
58 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Perhaps as his country's Ambassador, he had a no limit card to cover any eventuality....:cowboy:

This was before the time of ‘apps and alerts’ on our phones etc. 

Was the money taken in one fell sweep or over a period of time ? If it was spent within one month the victim may not have known about it until he received his statement. 

We have Credit Cards with over 1 MB limits - its not difficult to imagine a higher limit for someone in such a position. 

That said: The crime is extremely ‘ballsy’ or the perpetrator extremely stupid - but, they got away with it for over a decade.

Given that it took so long to catch this person I wonder IF the victim was a regular person anything owl have been done at all. 

My Wife and I fall victim at least once per year...   (I suspect the well known online shops ending in ee and ada)... Fortunately as soon as we spot it we alert the CC company (Thai) who refund and issue a new card - But, would they refund 1 MB ???...  

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, webfact said:

Central Investigation Bureau chief Pol.Lt.Gen. Jirapob Puridet and Economic Crime Suppression Division (ECD) head Pol. Maj. Gen. Puttidet Bunkrapue led a team in arresting Ms. Ketkanya (surname withheld), 44, under a Criminal Court warrant issued on July 17, 2009 in front of her house in Mueang district in Singburi. She has been charged with jointly forging an electronic card, jointly using a counterfeit electronic card while knowing that it was fake and forging documents.

Half crown sixpence springs to mind.

• Confused 1