Fortunetellers.

bob smith

Spooky, as the year 2555 approached my Thai girlfriend was hoping for a good luck year,she visited several fortune tellers to see what the year would bring,2 of them said she would die soon,6 months later she was admitted to hospital low oxygen levels and died within 3 days,cervical cancer.

Thais believe implicitly in fortune tellers and spirits, Christians believe in miracles. There is no such thing as a miracle, only good luck and bad luck.

If someone has Stage 4 cancer, and goes into remission, is it a miracle? No. It's a statistical outlier.

My Thai GF will not go outside at night alone, because she is scared of evil spirits.

However, she will go outside at night with me quite happily. Apparently her logic is, because I don't believe in spirits, they will stay away.

5 minutes ago, norbra said:

Spooky, as the year 2555 approached my Thai girlfriend was hoping for a good luck year,she visited several fortune tellers to see what the year would bring,2 of them said she would die soon,6 months later she was admitted to hospital low oxygen levels and died within 3 days,cervical cancer.

Fortune tellers do make predictions from responses of clients, and physical cues.

Dogs can detect various cancers on the basis of odor signatures. It may be some humans are gifted with similar olfactory capability.

I come from a part of the states where they seriously believe Jesus is telling them to invest in gold ingots with Trump's face on them and that a fetus that looks like a peanut is the same as your Uncle Bob.  

So a little astrology or whatever? Possibly ethnographically interesting, at minimum, a bit charming.

I'm the opposite of the OP, I'm sad that Thailand is slowly losing its Nang Kwaks and Naga shrines. It's much less amulet-drenched than it was 10 years ago.

But like all over the world, the young have less use and time for the old gods of their parents.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bogs smith said:

Aroon is a smart guy. he has a good job, very well paid (and I mean that), big house, hot wife etc

Well, hate to point out the obvious but it seems to be working well for him, whatever he is doing... positive thinking is often pointed to as a road to success... and if the fortune teller is giving him that attitude, then why not... 

My guess is that we don't know even 1% of what goes on in the universe... so, who knows. 

maybe you should give it a try... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Well, hate to point out the obvious but it seems to be working well for him, whatever he is doing... positive thinking is often pointed to as a road to success... and if the fortune teller is giving him that attitude, then why not... 

My guess is that we don't know even 1% of what goes on in the universe... so, who knows. 

maybe you should give it a try... 

Exactly that. He believes in good luck, good fortune and works towards that. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

i used to date a fortune teller in the uk ,,,she had a crystal

ball too,,,

i was always skeptical about gypsy rose lee and her ilk

but sandra used to scare me with things she used to say about my business..how did she know that  i used to think.?.

weird things were at work...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i used to date a fortune teller in the uk ,,,she had a crystal

ball too,,,

i was always skeptical about gypsy rose lee and her ilk

but sandra used to scare me with things she used to say about my business..how did she know that  i used to think.?.

weird things were at work...

Mentalist. Read signals.

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

Mentalist. Read signals.

There are waves that we pick up on - the same way that you tune 2 guitars to each other through the vibration of strings... if you are 'on the same wave length' as another, you will pick up on things... I have had that experience w/some people, including my wife... 

25 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

But if Bob met a gripping hottie and she was an earth sign, Ol' Bob would be googling to find out the right zodiac sign to get with her.

"I'm Bob, The Leo. And I'm bold. Being a Leo and all".

Liars and posers are often easy to spot... 

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There are waves that we pick up on - the same way that you tune 2 guitars to each other through the vibration of strings... if you are 'on the same wave length' as another, you will pick up on things... I have had that experience w/some people, including my wife... 

Like picking up a woman. You sense a connection. Good vibes or bad vibes. Picking up cancer which some dogs can do means stronger senses.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bogs smith said:

where can i get a copy? ????

Not easy, you would be lucky to find a copy... 

My father had absolutely amazing good luck... and he believed in himself or the luck and did very well for himself. I have good luck too, but nothing like what he had... if there was a raffle - 200 people present, he won, sure. 

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Not easy, you would be lucky to find a copy... 

My father had absolutely amazing good luck... and he believed in himself or the luck and did very well for himself. I have good luck too, but nothing like what he had... if there was a raffle - 200 people present, he won, sure. 

I used to wear certain coloured shirts if gambling. If a shirt was lucky Id keep wearing it. Worked more option than not. Just a mental attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:
17 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Nah, I think an astrology girlfriend would be as easy to satisfy as an Episcopalian.

Pretend to have "an open mind" about It, and toss out a few "you're such a libra because of X's".

I personally like a little of the nutty Stevie Nicks thing in my mix. I mean even possibly current day, 70 year old Stevie. A hot stone massage believer would be about my water level. Aromatherapy is testing it.

7 hours ago, bogs smith said:

the fortuneteller certainly is... she charges enough!!

Most fortunetellers receive relevant information about their customer before any sitting, they get inside knowledge from neighbors and relatives of their clients. Nothing mystical going on.

• Like 1