Lazada -strange one.

Thailand

Ordered an android box from Lazada, cost 411 baht inclusive of delivery. Realised it was not suitable so immediately cancelled and that was confirmed on the interface.

Five days later whilst I am out a package arrives and the wife knows I had ordered another android box so thinks nothing of it and pays the guy.

Now the payment she made was 411 baht. It turns out the delivery company was not one that we had come across before and the item in the package was a very cheap looking Wired Earphone. So, we had a package we did not order from a company that does not show up on Google search delivered by a company we did not know and payment of 411 baht that was the amount of the product we had cancelled at Lazada.

I did find a reference and email to the delivery company and I sent them an email requesting who the order had come from.

The delivery company responds saying that if I wanted a refund I would need to supply them with:

We recommend that you submit additional information for us to coordinate with the seller and proceed to refund for your parcel AOTH--------

Additional information for refund processing is as follows:
- Parcel cover sheet that clearly sees tracking number
- Picture of the first page of the Book Bank with the text indicating the name of the bank, branch, account number and the name of the account holder
- a photo of the product received

- a photo of product advertisement

- confirmation of telephone number

I then asked them why they want all this information as I had simply asked who they got the package from. 

It smells fishy and they have failed to respond to 2 subsequent emails. I have not included names of delivery company etc as this is ongoing.

Anyone had something similar?

• Confused 1

Not us as we never use COD, but others have reported similar issues.

It works something like this: -

The seller moves the transaction outside the Lazada system (not difficult if they are COD and "seller to deliver") and an unsuspecting buyer pays COD and receives junk. Lazada are not interested as the transaction is outside their system, buyer is out xxx Baht ???? 

You may score by giving them what they want but ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Not us as we never use COD, but others have reported similar issues.

It works something like this: -

The seller moves the transaction outside the Lazada system (not difficult if they are COD and "seller to deliver") and an unsuspecting buyer pays COD and receives junk. Lazada are not interested as the transaction is outside their system, buyer is out xxx Baht ???? 

You may score by giving them what they want but ...

Thanks, I won't be giving the information. It was just about what I had guessed. I have asked the Lazada company that I cancelled if they had given my details to an outside source. I am sure they will be honest!

EDIT- The seller no longer exists on Lazada.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1

I believe once the seller has "packed" the item, it is in the system and cannot be cancelled. 

However when ordering it is like being angry. metaphorically count to ten before ordering by leaving the item in your basket for a day.

• Confused 1