BREAKING: SpaceX Starship explodes after launch

george

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I already said that I'm not with the conspiracies on that, so it was an amazing feat, but they were incredibly lucky to survive. I'm sure they knew there were no guarantees that they would return, but went anyway. They are my definition of "real men".

There were six lunar landings in all. All of the astronauts on those missions returned safely. So, it doeslook like "incredibly lucky" is way over the top as far as depicting the odds goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2023 at 11:10 PM, Chicksaw said:

It's not how many times your rockets blow up, it's how many times you pick up the pieces and launch again.

I wonder what the cost of the insurance bill was and who paid it?

I think that the insurance will keep rising every time there is a failure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

There were six lunar landings in all. All of the astronauts on those missions returned safely. So, it doeslook like "incredibly lucky" is way over the top as far as depicting the odds goes.

7 of them didn't.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, mrfill said:

Because he can. Remember, this is the man who frittered $44bn on a shouting website he didn't want. This failed firework cost about 5% of that - small beer to Mr Moneybags who has only really acquired such immense wealth because a lot of punters believe nearly everything he says and are willing to put their money in his vastly over-valued companies.

Tesla is 'valued' at more than the combined values of VW, Toyota and Ford so it is priced as if in a dream world - in 13 years the price to asset value has never been lower than 44 times and has been up to 181 times.

Imagine if you can, buying a house for 10m Bt and then borrowing half a billion Bt against its value. What could possibly go wrong?

"Price to asset" value of Tesla, aka book value (PB), currently stands at 10.75 times. I am by no means a fan of Musk BTW. 

1 minute ago, neverere said:

"Price to asset" value of Tesla, aka book value (PB), currently stands at 10.75 times. I am by no means a fan of Musk BTW. 

TSLA and NVDA would be a fool's bet at present. I think a short would be sensible right now.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

This went down 20 days ago. Why is this news NOW?

Thread is from April 20 which is not now for me and far more than 20 days ago.

No idea why previous poster meant to revive it 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1