Retirement Extension. Money in bank

2 hours ago, somo said:

I have lived here for 25 years so am well versed in the 'realities of Thailand' and have learned they vary from place to place and person to person. I do not subscribe to the 'them and us' version of reality.

Where governments and government agencies are concerned, it's always 'them' and 'you' . Not just the case here, but Worldwide. 

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2023 at 1:43 PM, CANSIAM said:

A thorough explanation to your wife regarding financial mandatory requirements for yearly immigration visits or there is a good chance you won't be by her side all the time. 

Of course she is well aware of the financial requirements. We have seperate accountsbut for convenience our 2 atm cards have the same PIN and she withdrew money from my account by mistake.

• Like 2

Just to round up. Went to immigration in Chayaphum today. Everyone very helpful and sympathetic but with the big boss not in the office it was decided the best way was to give me a 60 day extension and do the retirement extension later. No one was out to give me a problem just help resolve one.  Interestingly they were happy to give me a marriage extension but we didn't have the paperwork with us for that. All in all no big deal ???? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, somo said:

No one was out to give me a problem just help resolve one.  Interestingly they were happy to give me a marriage extension but we didn't have the paperwork with us for that

So you attended immigration without required paperwork to apply for annual extension? 

Aware of the fact from this thread that immigration may overlook short term withdraw. Also you just confirmed that. 

How did you think that was sensible...

Geez.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So the OP is getting a 60-day visiting the wife extension, and hopefully able to use that time to satisfy the financial / bank deposit requirements of a subsequent retirement extension?

Not 'Hopefully" but certainly, as immigration confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So you attended immigration without required paperwork to apply for annual extension? 

Aware of the fact from this thread that immigration may overlook short term withdraw. Also you just confirmed that. 

How did you think that was sensible...

Geez.

Geez!!! I didn't go to apply for a marriage extension just to explore my options.

It appears only 10% of respondents here want to offer contructive help while the rest????