WISE Account Number

WISE installed an account for me located in Belgium (SEPA area).

I can't remember but I think I had to apply for such an account?

Before I sent money to a WISE account in Germany at some commercial bank from which the transfer was initiated. Lengthy and more costly.

Now I keep some money in my personal account and initiate transfer occasionally. Cheapest method for EUR.

wiseaccount.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You have an account number with Wise nowt else it's financial facility provider not a bank as such. 

Not true, I just opened a GBP balance in the Wise app and got myself a UK bank number with a sort code and an IBAN (whatever they are).

Edited by Lemsta69

26 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Not true, I just opened a GBP balance in the Wise app and got myself a UK bank number with a sort code and an IBAN (whatever they are).

Correct.  You get an 8 digit account number and a sort code.

10 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Sign onto Wise.

Go to "Manage Your Account".

Go to "Account Details".

Go to "Your Account Details" to view bank routing number and your account number.

Correct. Easy. Wise keep putting uo their fees though.

41 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

So have I but wise ain't a bank. 

You need to request an account for each currency, and each currency has its own rules i.e. which documents you will have to provide for their KYC/AML/WṪF nonsense. If you do not care I would advise requesting EUR account only as it seems to have the least amount of hassle.

Edited by fdsa

If you opened a balance with them (you can use Wise without opening a balance just for sending money from outside) then on the home dashboard click on that currency and then there will be a "Your ABC account details", click that.

844797853_ScreenShot2023-04-22at11_58_14.png.dc40a96b843795f13dc9189d8e3a34af.png

28 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

If you opened a balance with them (you can use Wise without opening a balance just for sending money from outside) then on the home dashboard click on that currency and then there will be a "Your ABC account details", click that.

844797853_ScreenShot2023-04-22at11_58_14.png.dc40a96b843795f13dc9189d8e3a34af.png

Thanks, I see that but there is no account number, just IBAN and BIC, no Account number.

18 hours ago, fdsa said:

You need to request an account for each currency, and each currency has its own rules i.e. which documents you will have to provide for their KYC/AML/WṪF nonsense. If you do not care I would advise requesting EUR account only as it seems to have the least amount of hassle.

I had to pay 20 Euro to open a EUR account but still no acc number.

19 hours ago, fdsa said:

No you don't. Can move money into any currency they list. Dollars, baht, francs, whatever. 

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks, I see that but there is no account number, just IBAN and BIC, no Account number.

IBAN contains the account number. Usually IBAN is what you want because that plus BIC are enough to do EUR transfers in most cases. If you really want the account number click on the little "?" icon next to it and it will show you the part that's the account number itself.

• Thanks 1