What's life like for a single older expat in isaan?

georgegeorgia

11 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the udonmap forum is full of expat nutters ,,theyve all lost it

take a look

if the moderators did not doing their job, you know how it would have been here at AseanNow to? Only nutters left

Edited by Hummin

On 4/23/2023 at 4:21 PM, ArnieP said:

Udon’s a small city enclosed within a ring road and there’s very little of interest to expats. It’s urban, not picturesque and is largely devoid of culture and entertainment apart from some kinos and two small bar areas. Most of the colourful entertainment got closed by the military in January 2015. 

sounds depressing. WHY on earth would you or any expat want to live there. Im facinated to know...

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

sounds depressing. WHY on earth would you or any expat want to live there. Im facinated to know...

He's talking about a very small part of the town. Udorn is actually quite large, one of the largest in Isaan. Lots to do if you can be bothered to find it. The surrounding areas are very nice too.

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

That's what you do if you want to live in Issan and actually enjoy it.  Nice home with infinity pool, good internet, android box to access basically anything on TV. 

I've got kids also.   Time flies with a functional family and a nice abode. 

Stock up on food from Makro, Villa Mkt, Topps,  etc. 

In the end though I'd prefer being close to a city and beach,  Isssn can be tough to live.

That life married with kids living in a house in suburbia with a pool wouldn't suit me ,I would rather be free 

10 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the udonmap forum is full of expat nutters ,,theyve all lost it

take a look

Years ago when I was up there I used to like the farang supermarket ,it had a theme to it ,was it Open All hours or similar name ?

Probably long gone now 

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

That life married with kids living in a house in suburbia with a pool wouldn't suit me ,I would rather be free 

Definitely  a life choice. 

But I get where you are coming from.   Much cheaper also!.