Thailand Post System-Lessons Learned

Dan747

I get paid by a German company to do postal checks, I am sent various sized letters from multiple countries each month and I record the date/time they arrive, condition etc 

Obviously I don't know if any letters haven't arrived, but given the volume of mail I do get, it seems like most of them are getting to me.

But I'm in Bangkok where *maybe* the postal deliveries are more reliable. 

Another reason to live in a modern metropolis rather than out in the boonies.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 4:28 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps USPS had something to do with the issue?   I get normal post from the UK to Bangkok with no issues, takes about 5 days normally.

I get letters from Social Security and Tricare at my address in the boondocks outside Nakhon Sawan.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:48 AM, pollyog said:

To Bangkok Barry's post  specifically

Do you actually have an email address for the UK pensions?   My UK pension has not been paid into my account for 2 months so can only assume that the last 'proof of life' documentation never reached me.  Their website is useless and I cannot find anywhere I can email them or phone regarding non-payment of an existing pension.

The first answer on a Google search for DWP email address gives an email address and  https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details

is an email contact service.   Phone numbers are freely available also.

When I send anything from Pattaya to anyplace and I forget to use EMS for tracking it doesn’t get there. They got your money you spent on sending it and they must throw it away. But, when I sent it by EMS for tracking it always gets there because they don’t want to lose face that they are responsible and have to compensate you!