Difficult to find bars in Pattaya?

CanadaSam

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

ah, gatekeeping.

why would you feel the need to make a remark like this? And who are you to set the conditions?

and it You're. As in you are. Not "your"  

I had a prior neighbor who kept complaining about the heat all the time. He sat in his place with aircon all night (I could hear it going all night as well). I could not stand the guy and always wondered why he was here. He also liked drinking red wine of all things.

Last I heard he went to Portugal. I'm sure he is happier there, unless he found something else to complain about. The Op reminds me of this guy.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have plenty of fans.... floor fans about 4, and ceiling fans six. But fans do not cool,  they supply a draught, and my bedroom is at 34 deg C at bedtime. I close windows to keep out mosquitoes, other bugs and the frequent noise, neighbours, dogs etc. The other 'thinking adjustment' comment is a load of silly nonsense. 

Sit in your room and run the a/c then. If your happy being indoors all the time it’s ok. I don’t know how you stand it though, I need to be outside or have fresh air. If I had to be indoors with a/c to have a good time I would live elsewhere.

Airconditioning plus Live Music exclude each other a bit. Airconditioning makes only sense in a room. And this is not where you might find a band. At least not in Pattaya. There are some Jazz Clubs in Bangkok where you can find that.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:01 AM, LaosLover said:

Just to weigh in on the important topic of Thai Elvis's, does anyone remember the guy in an upstairs nightclub next to Foodland on soi 7 off Suk who would be Elvis one night then Tom Jones the next? I'm thinking early aughts.

The Asia Hotel still has an Elvis show most Saturday nights. Mostly attended by the Elvis's relatives. He has a lot of non-Elvis material like If I Had A Hammer in his short set.

True: The plural of Elvis is Elvi. Google it.

You sure it's not Elves

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2023 at 12:34 PM, LaosLover said:

My last decade was in Appalachia. They describe Elvis's cornball rendition of  The American Trilogy as The American Tri-ology. He sings "I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray, Hooray". When will they cancel this?

In Laos, they only have Ballard-Elvis. It's a communist dictate. The Tom Jones/Elvis thing was genius because Tom Jones copied Elvis and then in late-career, Elvis copied Tom Jones back. I talked to the guy about it.

My brother married a stripper in Vegas at an Elvis wedding chapel. He had to promise that he would be Don't Be Cruel and never take her to The Heartbreak Hotel.

Tom Jones copied Elvis?? Tom Jones started of as a carbon copy of PJ Proby, and not half as good. Yes he had a very strong voice, but his biggest rival Englebert was a much better singer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moogradod said:

Airconditioning plus Live Music exclude each other a bit. Airconditioning makes only sense in a room. And this is not where you might find a band.

Not in the old Blues Factory it didn't. Geez I miss that place ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Not in the old Blues Factory it didn't. Geez I miss that place ????

I dont know this one. Was that in Pattaya ?

We did frequent mostly the Saxophone (Monument), Brown Sugar (Lumpini) and the Bamboo Bar (Mandarin Oriental) in Bangkok. All air conditioned with band.

I remember especially the live performances of Tewan Sapsanyakorn in Brown Sugar. And the Bamboo Bar used to be good at the time when the black Lady singer was still around. But this is all many many years ago. I remember as well the "Q" club at the end of Suk Soi 11. No idea if they still exist today.

"However, there is a "Q" club in HCMC with the same logo just opposite a fine dining restaurant. All (good) memories.

• Thumbs Up 2