When is to much to much?

Foexie

Dogs are regarded as unclean by Muslims. They have a point, as anyone who has seen a dog rolling in fox scat or eating cat poo will attest.

I remember in Melbourne there was a furore over the public baths at the top of Swanston Street being closed to the public at certain times, so Muslim women could swim unobserved. IMO if that's what Muslims want, let them pay for their own swimming facilities.

Different situation in the OP's mainly Muslim area, in Melbourne it was the tail wagging the dog.

Edited by Lacessit

Maybe OP's dog is well behaved, or he wants to hold it while in the water, just to cool off.   But I've found dogs in water, swimming can be a PITA, get close to you and can scratch you.  In TH waters ... easily lead to infection.

Considering how many locals watch their kids here, and their dogs, then a dog could easily terrify other swimmers.

Agree with poster ... posted, so why even ask, if not just wanting to stir the pot.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 10:05 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Our pool is always open to dogs except soi dogs in pre-wash state ????

During summers in Canada, my dog swims at the beach just about daily. A huge number of the park goers are Muslim, others (religion unknown) from the Middle East, South Asia etc. . The odd one shoots me a dirty look. But many ask if they, or their children, can pet my dog. "Yes, of course". Some even have their own dog. Seen here sporting one of my favourite caps.

image0 (15).jpeg

On 4/23/2023 at 4:41 AM, Foexie said:

One rule was: no pets allowed!

Is it really going to be the islam way or the high way????

How you put these two thing together is a classic religious zealot thinking (turn everything into a religious argument)

1- No pets allowed If they allow yours then they need to allow the pitbull behind you right?

2- You asked probably in English why not...He answered in what you thought was or was not a word of another religion? So what??

How does that change the clearly posted rule?

Edited by mania

• 5 weeks later...

It's "No Pets allowed" not "no dogs allowed". OP seemed to have found discrimination where there is none. FYI, you'll find in most public places don't allow pets of any kind simply because of the potential nuisance / danger / etc they could potentially pose.