I really do not like thai jasmine rice that much

parafareno

Not a rice fan myself, rarely eat, but the Hom Mali/Jasmine rice is much better, than the rest of the (unseasoned) rice offered here.  Smells and tastes much better, if you eat rice.

Take a plain potato over plain rice any day.  Along with a bit of 'fusion', pasta over rice, in most other dishes where rice is served.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@parafareno I’m with you. I can’t stand the texture and the flavour any longer.

I must say, if you can get it from farm and mill it yourself (not yourself but at a local mill) then it does have a lot better flavour. 

If I’m out and about I would prefer some cheaper rice that has a nuttier flavour. 

At home I prefer to eat increasingly more bread, pasta, red rice and French fries (Chinese potatoes are also a bit disappointing).

I also along with loss of love for Jasmine rice, I cook a lot more indian or Chinese food - Thai food doesn’t seem to have much depth, just ingredients tossed in a pan with fish sauce / oyster sauce. It’s all a bit lazy and one note. 

Each to their own, just sayin’ 

Edited by recom273
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i do not like green eggs n ham..i do like it in my car, nor do i like it at the bar.......

i do not like the bar with the lady, i think they want money and are shady....

I prefer one fish, or two fish, a red fish or perhaps a blue fish......   ????

(google Dr Suess for all those getting ready to hit the confused emoji)

Beautiful ???????????????????? Dr Suess ... the greatest of all psychotherapists !

• Thanks 1