Pattaya Police and Immigration Authorities Inspect Entertainment Venues for Illegal Foreigners and Overstays

webfact

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Homeland Security secretary orders ICE to stop mass raids on immigrants' workplaces

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/12/1045295677/alejandro-mayorkas-ice-workplace-raids-dhs

Largest US immigration raids in a decade net 680 arrests

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-us-news-ap-top-news-arrests-immigration-bbcef8ddae4e4303983c91880559cf23

these are places of work that have illegal immigrants.  They are not going around checking peoples status in clubs or on the streets. 

1 minute ago, ericthai said:

these are places of work that have illegal immigrants.  They are not going around checking peoples status in clubs or on the streets. 

Has it happened to you? It doesn't seem to deter tourists from coming here, all I see is faux outrage.

• Confused 1

On 4/24/2023 at 1:38 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, I wonder how other countries cope. I've never heard of security forces touring tourist areas demanding to see proof that they have a right to be in the country. Maybe in North Korea? I don't know. Do you?

The gov in Thailand is led by nationalists and this plays to it's core. This sort of thing should be of no surprise with an election coming up. Go anywhere and nationalists oppose non-natives. Funny no farangs where involved only asians.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Unfortunately drug takers are the not the problem but drug pushers. Punishing the takers doesn't help at all... and they're only a danger to themselves, unlike DUI drivers. I think the breath testing road stops are random as they don't test all drivers on all roads, but just at random points. 

I'm yet to understand the danger of overstayers and how catching them will make me feel safer. Any ideas on that? 

Takers, users, whatever. If they are in possession of they are breaking the law. 

Catching overstayers is part of the function of immigration police.... again willing lawbreakers and should be got rid of. 

Mostly this board complains of the police not doing their job. When they do do their job, this board complains, laughable. 

6 hours ago, pegman said:

The gov in Thailand is led by nationalists and this plays to it's core. This sort of thing should be of no surprise with an election coming up. 

Perhaps. But similar actions take place at other times too. It's simply to show who is in charge, similar to when men in uniforms descend on places such as Soi Cowboy and close bars down at midnight, just because they can.