Majority of Americans oppose Biden running again, citing one 'major' factor, poll shows

Social Media

A new poll shows nearly 3 out of 4 Americans do not believe President Joe Biden should run for reelection, following multiple reports that he will announce his bid for a second term this upcoming week.

According to the survey from NBC News, 70% of Americans, including 51% of Democrats, do not think Biden should run for reelection, with 26% supporting the president.

Almost half of the respondents who voted no cited Biden's age as their "major" concern with Biden running again – 48% categorized their concern as "major" while 21% said it was a minor concern; 29% of respondents said the issue of his age did not pose a reason in their logic whatsoever.

In February, Biden, 80, admitted that concerns over his age were "totally legitimate" amid growing concerns from both his critics and supporters.

I hope I am wrong and in fact Biden is able to impress all with his lucidity, and clarity, and consistent train of thought, with energy and verve and passion, in enunciating his policies for 2024 a la Obama and Clinton. I don't mind a candidate that is a bit old but they need to be able to speak up without the audience feeling a sense of dread that bloopers and slurring is inevitable. I think the risk is too high that the people will not be happy with such a candidate as this pole already indicates. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Every Dem who answered that Biden shouldn't run should be required to provide a name of who should.  The key question is who can win a general election.  Biden may be old, but he's proven he can do one thing.....beat Trump like a drum.  And Trump will most likely be the GOP nominee.

He and his TEAM have done considerably more than just beat trump lots and lots more personally I’m concerned about his age as well but I do know the team work that this administration has demonstrated will serve us and the world well 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I hope I am wrong and in fact Biden is able to impress all with his lucidity, and clarity, and consistent train of thought, with energy and verve and passion, in enunciating his policies for 2024 a la Obama and Clinton. I don't mind a candidate that is a bit old but they need to be able to speak up without the audience feeling a sense of dread that bloopers and slurring is inevitable. I think the risk is too high that the people will not be happy with such a candidate as this pole already indicates. 

That feeling of dread listening to Biden take questions, I actually feel sorry for him....kind of. But then I come to my senses. The debates will be golden comedy.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That feeling of dread listening to Biden take questions, I actually feel sorry for him....kind of. But then I come to my senses. The debates will be golden comedy.

If you listen carefully you might hear him say "covfefe" but more likely he will raise issues surrounding Trump's lack of support for Ukraine and fealty to Putin while declaring he distrusts American intelligence officers. That said, I doubt that Trump will run and that has me worried. I doubt that DeSantis will be the nominee either. I would rather see Hakeem Jeffries run. Sheldon Whitehouse would be my pick.