Festival turns fatal: Covid surges post-Songkran

webfact

11 hours ago, connda said:

Yeah, I agree.  I was in Big C after Songkran and I'd say it was about 50-50 masks/no-masks.
Just a couple of weeks before it was still 90% masks and maybe 10% without.  A big change in a hurry.
The government through the MSM are stoking up the fear to regain masking compliance imho.
However, do look at pictures in Asian countries where elites and leaders are maskless and the 'little people' and hoi-polloi all around them in their service are masked to the servant.
Masks are a sign of compliance.  And also fear. 
My own wife won't go into public without one and b****es at me constantly about wearing one. Plus 100% for the effectiveness of MSM messaging.   I refuse.  Neither of us has had Covid.  Better than average immune systems I guess as neither of us have taken the shots.  If we get it, we'll deal with it just like any other upper respiratory viral infection.  My guess is that we both have a certain amount of natural immunity, like previous exposure to a SARS-based cold or influenza in the past, although I haven't had the flu in close to 20 years either.  And we have been exposed to Covid infected people in our own family numerous times.  C'est la vie.

But yeah - masks are coming off in the general Thai public.  So I expect amplified fear-mongering to come.

There is of course the chance you have had covid just didn't know it. I saw something a while back but still regarding Omicron that around 25% of people are asymptomatic. As for Thais wearing masks, mostly improperly or using the disposable surgical masks, last night I yet again saw a Thai pull down their mask to sneeze. I really couldn't say how many times I've seen this happen. The thought process is the mask protects them when in reality masks are more for reduction of spread. Reduction of the spread of Omicron? Nigh on impossible masks or not.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Sad 1

Its definitely happening, I'm seeing more positive signs of Thais de-masking in the last few days than at any time in the last 10 months, it will still be a slower trajectory to normality than what happened in Singapore and Hong Kong and other asian nations that embraced the fear at full pace throughout 2022 (lets define normality as 1% to 2% masked due to compromised immune system, although you'll always find someone that believes Thailand was maskland before covid ) , but I guessing we could down below 40% by June hopefully and below 10% by year end, if no more scare tactics are played.  All fizzling out now, even our condo security guards and juristic office don't bother, could the next trip to immigration be mask free? that would be nice, although I still got one mask left.. 

2 minutes ago, Snugs08 said:

Its definitely happening, I'm seeing more positive signs of Thais de-masking in the last few days than at any time in the last 10 months, it will still be a slower trajectory to normality than what happened in Singapore and Hong Kong and other asian nations that embraced the fear at full pace throughout 2022 (lets define normality as 1% to 2% masked due to compromised immune system, although you'll always find someone that believes Thailand was maskland before covid ) , but I guessing we could down below 40% by June hopefully and below 10% by year end, if no more scare tactics are played.  All fizzling out now, even our condo security guards and juristic office don't bother, could the next trip to immigration be mask free? that would be nice, although I still got one mask left.. 

Why, "hopefully" for you that folk of Thailand don't wear a mask............?

What does it matter to you.....?  ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Why, "hopefully" for you that folk of Thailand don't wear a mask............?

What does it matter to you.....?  ????

Others are only allowed 'freedom of choice' if that choice matches his?