Is Thailand a Good Place to Go...MONK MODE? Are You in Monk Mode Now? Is Monk Mode Good for Farang who seek to be Highly Productive?

Dear Friends,

I never watch TIKTOK, but you don't need to be a TikTok addict to know about MONK MODE, especially in Thailand, one might guess.

I have been in MONK MODE since stepping ashore here about a decade ago, when, not for the first time, I came to this large-and-getting-unfortunately-larger city in the north.

Without having resorted to MONK MODE, I doubt very much that I would be able to read Thai script, and I enjoy this lifestyle mode, as well.

If you often enter MONK MODE for weeks, months and years, how has this choice benefited (benefitted) you?

If you are still not crystal clear whether or not you have ever entered MONK MODE, then here is a link to an article addressing the topic from The Guardian, a rag that many of you might find annoying:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/03/can-monk-mode-help-improve-my-productivity

I plan on remaining in Monk Mode for many good reasons, such as there are too many tourists here now, maybe the smoke, the heat, and also my laziness when it comes to getting out the door unless I have a delivery from Lazada.

Maybe all of the above is true of you?

Best regards,

Gamma

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

MONK MODE

yes sounds like me, although I haven't heard that expression before.....the western world is broken with the TV and social media induced BS..

we don't need sugar and carbs.....OMAD for me.......and I might go on a long long bike ride when the weather cools a bit....

Peace out brother (or sister) monk ????

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

then here is a link to an article addressing the topic from The Guardian, a rag that many of you might find annoying:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/03/can-monk-mode-help-improve-my-productivity

understandable though, when a load of woke eejits are telling us how to live our lives and do things like stand on yer doorstep clapping for 'c u next tuesdays' at the useless health service, doncha think? do you miss england at all?

Monk mode was a Red Pill term, back when it was about self-improvement, rather than aiming the staple gun at your own face out dumb and sullen resentment.

Yeah, Thailand offers a fresh start. It's inspiring to see so many guys finding a second chapter here.

I'm monk-moving at the moment. Going to the gym daily, meditating more, ect.  The monk part is easy, the mode part takes work.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Without having resorted to MONK MODE, I doubt very much that I would be able to read Thai script

I skimmed the article and still have no idea what "Monk Mode" is but, unless it's something I've been doing without realising, I can assure you that it is not a requirement for learning to read Thai script.

Monk Mode and "productivity". "Productivity" hardly in the economical sense. Spiritually maybe. Not beneffitting the rest of the world.

"Monk-Mode" is everywhere and in full swing. In Europe: Next door neighbors not talking to each other. "Hello" the only conversation, after years of living next door to each other. No need to join a Thai-Temple.

If getting tired of European "Monkism", one can always link-up with our 200 Facebook friends.