Is slippery bathroom tile mandated by law?

2 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

3M makes some good no slip tape so if your tiles are too slippery just get a roll and put down some strips, it is clear and works

Solutions such as a this trap dirt around the edges making it very difficult to keep clean. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

I didn't make a ridiculous claim about how long I have been here. 

What is ridiculous about his claim,

I have lived in my wife's house for 20 years and there are plenty of people who have lived here longer than me.

If you think his claim is ridiculous, then prove him wrong.

If you cannot prove him wrong then look in the mirror to see who is ridiculous.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What is ridiculous about his claim,

I have lived in my wife's house for 20 years and there are plenty of people who have lived here longer than me.

If you think his claim is ridiculous, then prove him wrong.

If you cannot prove him wrong then look in the mirror to see who is ridiculous.

That's not how a debate works. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

That's not how a debate works. 

YOU are not debating. Just stating your point of view and ignoring people who are telling you that you are wrong.

As I said before if YOU don't believe him then YOU prove he is wrong.

My other comment stands.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

Solutions such as a this trap dirt around the edges making it very difficult to keep clean. 

Clean edges on mine after 7 years.  But I am careful to get good cleaning help and pay them well.

• Like 1

I've encountered the same thing as the OP during the course of my travels up and down the country as a tourist since mid-1997. More often than not, slippery bloody bathroom tiles that'll put you in traction if you're not careful. 

I have the same issue now that I'm retired and living in a condo in the fancy part of Bangkok. Plus no handrail for getting in and out of the bathtub. Obviously made by the same bloke that Dudley's trying to track down. I hope he gives the guy a right seeing-to when he finds him.

PS. Praise the Lord for non-slip mats. 

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

I think you might be a troll. You obviously don't live in Thailand. 

A shower or bathroom floor will of course get a bit slippery with water and soap on it, but the question is more why can't you adjust your balance and movement so it's not an issue? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

One of the constants here in Thailand is that your bathroom floor tile is slippery more than any other tile in the home or condo, why?  

Is there one idiot that we can point to who shoulder's the blame for choosing slippery tile for bathrooms? 

How many people has this idiot killed over the years?

Buy a rubber mat, problem solved..  plus you don't need to use cotton wool in the shower.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's maybe the same guy who insists on slippery tiles at entrances which might be in the rain.

Schools here are notorious for deadly foyer floors seemingly designed to flatten kids running in out of the rain.    But the important thing is they look real good for the parents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

A shower or bathroom floor will of course get a bit slippery with water and soap on it, but the question is more why can't you adjust your balance and movement so it's not an issue? 

That or simply change the tiles

30 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

To the OP if its your bathroom you don't need to look so hard to find who's responsible for the tiles

Really? It's the same schmuck who used crap caulking in my bathroom.  It's the idiot who built it.  I'll tell you what, you go find him. 

1 minute ago, DudleySquat said:

Really? It's the same schmuck who used crap caulking in my bathroom.  It's the idiot who built it.  I'll tell you what, you go find him. 

Well the "schmuck" only built it, presumably to your spec and  you paid for it, and have been prepared  put up with it,  Rather than moaning on here , why not just change the tiles it really isn't that hard

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Well the "schmuck" only built it, presumably to your spec and  you paid for it, and have been prepared  put up with it,  Rather than moaning on here , why not just change the tiles it really isn't that hard

Answers such as this make me wonder if you used one brain cell to come up with this response. 

4 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Answers such as this make me wonder if you used one brain cell to come up with this response. 

Al least I didn't specify or accept  slippy tiles on my bathroom floor, how many brain cells did that take ? And what did you expect to achieve by posting about your mistake on here ? sympathy?

I'd give up if I were you, I think you are out of your depth, Go take a cold shower, if you dare, but please be careful some tiles can be slippery when wet

Edited by Bday Prang

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Al least I didn't specify or accept  slippy tiles on my bathroom floor, how many brain cells did that take ?

I'd give up if I were you, I think you are out of your depth, Go take a cold shower, if you dare, but please be careful  

C'mon, turn on your brain.  The answer is there and not hard to decipher.   You can't do it? Why?

2 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

C'mon, turn on your brain.  The answer is there and not hard to decipher.   You can't do it? Why?

Certainly got me beat,but that's not hard as I'm pretty thick myself, but cleverer than a lot of those who claim to be. At least I don't have a slippery bathroom floor, you should think about that and maybe praise me for my out of character demonstration of common sense