Current Tourist Visa Requirements in Suvannakhet

Morning

Anybody applied for a Tourist Visa at the Thai Consulate in Suvannakhet recently?

I've read the requirements on their home page but in practise that's only a guideline..

Appreciate info from anyone that's done it lately as to what was actually required when applying.

• Like 1

According to a visa run company to which uses Savannakhet for SETV the consulate have changed their policy very recently regarding issuing visas. Basically if you have Covid, ed, volunteer  or long border run history in your passport you will be refused a SETV. They now have a disclaimer that no refunds are given for visa refusal. I can confirm that a couple of months ago I met with a visa runner refused for the 90 days in 180 days "rule".

• Like 2

Hi, eggzthaioz.

You will need a passport photo, a filled out visa application and thb to pay.

There is a nominal fee service provider opposite the consulate, who will make sure your application is in order.

Get there early to avoid the heat.

Tuesday / Wednesday are optimal days.

Safe journey.

I was there at the end of March, exactly a month ago.

Although I was there to get a one-year multi-entry visa, and not a tourist visa, I did pick up some information regarding the SETV application whilst there.

A Russian national who was staying at the same hotel told me that they - the Thai consulate - were making things difficult for those applying for tourist visas.

In particular he mentioned that they were not only demanding proof of funds via bank statements, but even proof of money in a Thai bank account in some cases.

Money in a Thai bank account is a crazy notion for someone visiting as a tourist, but that is the feedback that I got.

The general feeling was that they were being over-strict with SETV applications, whereas the process for the very popular one-year multi-entry (only available at Savannakhet and HCM City without any proof of funds) was easy... (provided you have all the required documentation of course.)

It would be advisable to look into the requirements for the SETV regarding proof of funds, and be prepared to show that.  

Just to clarify:

This was not the Russian national's experience - he was there for the Multi-entry,  - but is based on what he witnessed and the people he had conversations with, so I'm not talking about one person's case, an isolated case in other words.

This was the experience of a number of people applying for the SETV at the time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Hi, eggzthaioz.

You will need a passport photo, a filled out visa application and thb to pay.

There is a nominal fee service provider opposite the consulate, who will make sure your application is in order.

Get there early to avoid the heat.

Tuesday / Wednesday are optimal days.

Safe journey.

Thanks Pla Simon

Did they ask for financials and if so how much did you need to show?

On 4/29/2023 at 2:22 PM, raysunshineray said:

I was there at the end of March, exactly a month ago.

Although I was there to get a one-year multi-entry visa, and not a tourist visa, I did pick up some information regarding the SETV application whilst there.

A Russian national who was staying at the same hotel told me that they - the Thai consulate - were making things difficult for those applying for tourist visas.

In particular he mentioned that they were not only demanding proof of funds via bank statements, but even proof of money in a Thai bank account in some cases.

Money in a Thai bank account is a crazy notion for someone visiting as a tourist, but that is the feedback that I got.

The general feeling was that they were being over-strict with SETV applications, whereas the process for the very popular one-year multi-entry (only available at Savannakhet and HCM City without any proof of funds) was easy... (provided you have all the required documentation of course.)

It would be advisable to look into the requirements for the SETV regarding proof of funds, and be prepared to show that.  

Just to clarify:

This was not the Russian national's experience - he was there for the Multi-entry,  - but is based on what he witnessed and the people he had conversations with, so I'm not talking about one person's case, an isolated case in other words.

This was the experience of a number of people applying for the SETV at the time.

What's the one year multiple entry Visa? I've not seen that option before. Unless you mean business or education visa?

49 minutes ago, DNSEA said:

What's the one year multiple entry Visa? I've not seen that option before. Unless you mean business or education visa?

Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant O Marriage visa. Savannakhet don't require financials.

Edited by Lemsta69