Selling new car after 2 months (Ford Ranger Wildtrak)

On 4/29/2023 at 12:03 PM, idealistic123 said:

I wouldn't call it "problem" either. 

I've been driving 3,300km in the last 1,5 months and I just came to the conclusion that a Pick-Up doesn't make much sense for me. 

At first I thought that it would be very practical. 

But if I'm honest it is the complete opposite. 

It's only my girlfriend and me...we never transport heavy or long loads, we never go offroad, we never travel to remote provinces. So there is basically no real use case for a car like a Ranger. 

So why did you buy it? These cars all for the country.

• Sad 2

We have both a Ranger and Mazda3.  For local trips within province, the Mazda works well (and goes like a bat out of Hell if I really punch it).  The Ranger works for farm stuff, and for our frequent cross country trips during high season.

Will replace Ranger this year.  Perhaps we can make a deal?  Looking for the WildTrack 4 x 2 with bi-turbo.

On 4/29/2023 at 6:05 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Just as you do, they have a choice.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:47 AM, idealistic123 said:

Some days ago I sat in a Taxi for the first time since I got the Ranger and it felt quite scary to sit so low. ???? 

I absolutely love the seating position of the Ranger. So after this "shock" I am not sure if I really want to sell the car. 

You had your eyes open in a taxi in Bangkok?  Youre a better man than I am Gunga Din!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

55555!  No standard Mazda 3 goes like a bat out of hell.

SkyActive 2.0L with direct fuel injection—beats the Hell outta my Ranger 2.2 Turbo.  And yes, I do use 95 Octane on the 3.  Zoom zoom.

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Isaan sailor said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

55555!  No standard Mazda 3 goes like a bat out of hell.

SkyActive 2.0L with direct fuel injection—beats the Hell outta my Ranger 2.2 Turbo.  And yes, I do use 95 Octane on the 3.

As I said, no Mazda 3 "goes like a bat out of hell" (which usually means unusually quickly), and using a higher octane fuel does not increase it's  performance.   

The 2.2 Ranger does 0-100kph in about 12.5 seconds and the Mazda 3 auto does it in about 10.8 seconds, hardly bat-out-of-hell times nor beats-the-hell-out-of-it times!

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 8:36 AM, Peterw42 said:

I have never really understood foriegners buying big pickup trucks to drive in urban Thailand.

I'm in Pattaya and its hilarious watching guys try and negotiate traffic, small sois, parking areas etc.

My wife doesn't understand me either but she likes the Ranger. Finds it very practical with the market, school runs and the like.

PS: There's always a nose-in parking spot in front of the Queen Vic on Soi 6. Unless I get there first of course.

On 4/29/2023 at 8:52 AM, idealistic123 said:

Seems like I had to make the experience first to understand the hassle of owning in a big car in a big city. 

Is your car still for sale, I'm looking for a pickup.