Kawasaki Ksr110

htjvan

This thread is dedicated to Kawasaki's 'real street bike' , The fun KSR110.

There is already a big Thai speaking KSR community outthere WWW.KSRTHAILAND.COM with lots of info, unfortunately not for us Farangs who like to ride this little bike. It is THE bike to modify to your own.

Any discussions about tuning, parts and other issues, pictures etc. share them here.

I just bought a green monster myself and have some questions about driving a bike in Thailand (I am fairly new here)

1. I would like to upgrade the exhaust, but the Thai people say this is illegal and the police will fine you if they stop you. Any recommendation on this ?

2. Any suggestion on how about to tune the engnie a little bit? There are many aftermarket parts available. Anyone has done this ?

Cheers and please post these KSR's

post-44111-1183707392.jpg

I dont have one but am a big fan... know anyone with one for sale?

Hi Murf, Where I live (Pattaya) I see few second hand but they sell only around 10k less then a new one so in my opinion not worth saving. My advice : GET ONE, they're great fun to drive and jump around town, on a circuit or even off-road. You won't regret.

Hi Murf, Where I live (Pattaya) I see few second hand but they sell only around 10k less then a new one so in my opinion not worth saving. My advice : GET ONE, they're great fun to drive and jump around town, on a circuit or even off-road. You won't regret.

I think that it depends how tall and heavy you guy's are!!! I like them very much to but I am 1.82 and 106 kilo! I think that is to heavy and tall for this bike.

I think that it depends how tall and heavy you guy's are!!! I like them very much to but I am 1.82 and 106 kilo! I think that is to heavy and tall for this bike.

Peter,

I am 1.85 !! and the KSR feels just right. Believe it or not but it feels a lot like a BMW K75 I used to drive in Europe. Ok; my knees are right at the front of the fuel tank and I guess it looks a bit silly.... but everybody who laughs at a KSR does not know about motorcycles.

With only 85kgs weight the bike is easy to control. I feel a very safe and would not want to drive a 'BIG" bike in Pattaya. I mean on a Fireblade or R1 life starts at 180kmh but with 60kmh on the KSR you have loads of fun.

was speaking to the Thai Mechanic at my local bike shop/garage today and he has one for sale 35k, 2006.

Looks in good cond...

What do you reckon to that price??

As I said I am pretty new in Thailand and I dont know about whether papers are needed .... make sure its not stolen etc. But the price sounds good to me. These bikes are not rocket science and not much that could be wrong after you test-drive it. Parts are CHEAP in Thailand (New low profile 130/70 tires for around 700baht !!).

I sure am enjoying mine.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've got a KSR with 140cc at the moment. Working on 186cc. Exhaust is a police favourite. Here in Pattaya it will cost you 1000 Baht for the extra sound. To make it faster you can start with a camshaft and exhaust, but if you're heavy (I'm 93kg) this is not really enough. My Tkaegawa 140cc kit is nice. It depends on how much you want to spend. Look on www.bcmotors.co.th for more tuning parts.

This thread is dedicated to Kawasaki's 'real street bike' , The fun KSR110.

There is already a big Thai speaking KSR community outthere WWW.KSRTHAILAND.COM with lots of info, unfortunately not for us Farangs who like to ride this little bike. It is THE bike to modify to your own.

Any discussions about tuning, parts and other issues, pictures etc. share them here.

I just bought a green monster myself and have some questions about driving a bike in Thailand (I am fairly new here)

1. I would like to upgrade the exhaust, but the Thai people say this is illegal and the police will fine you if they stop you. Any recommendation on this ?

2. Any suggestion on how about to tune the engnie a little bit? There are many aftermarket parts available. Anyone has done this ?

Cheers and please post these KSR's

post-44111-1183707392.jpg

I have an upgraded exhaust loud as I dont know what and have only been pulled once for it in over a year

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a new exhaust for my KSR110.

I'm primarily looking for a bit more performance from the bike and I guess a new exhaust is the first mod to make. The thing is I don't want it to be too loud, obviously it will be a bit louder than the stock exhaust but I was thinking of something along the lines of the 'Q' pipes that they make for motocross bikes that improve the performance as well as keep the bike relatively quiet.

If anyone knows of a good exhaust that fits the above description then please let me know.

Thanks...

• 1 month later...

i know a guy that rode one of these from thailand and around cambodia in the dirt/wet for 8 days, he had no problem and when he got stuck he picked it up and took it to an easier bit, try that with an africa twin ! :o

• 5 months later...

hm this bike is cool . . but dam_n ugly with the orginal exhaust. . and yes the police are real pain in the ass in pattaya. .

i just to roll on a Honda VFR with sport exhaust with no DB killer :o on 1yrs i did pay a total of 13000 thb NOT so fun . .

At the moment im thinkt of what bike i will buy now...........hm........

• 2 weeks later...

Come to Chiang Mai. I've got a modified Honda Chaly with the cheap lot as hel_l muffler,. I've been stopped at police points with no helmet, no plate, no stickers etc as well as sen lifting a wheel by the cops and they haven't done anything.

now that I've typed this I'm probably screwed... but o well. I love the KSR, I would get one but I will return to the US in Oct, for now my slow but fun 120CC Chaly is good enough for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a place where i can purchase a KSR110. I have been to a few places around prakanong and the only had one in stock but said they could order. I want to go somewhere where have a bit of choice in the colour scheme and maybe somewhere where i can buy some mods at the same time. Im in Sukhumvit in Bangkok but can travel. I have checked the forums but havent found anything solid yet. Any info would be appreciated.

yeah it's no joke in pattaya with a modified exhaust........I put a nice endurance aftermarket muffler on a honda wave.......gave it lot's of power, but the cops were swarming on me like bees.......never seen anything like it.........they pulled me 3 times in 4 days.

yeah it's no joke in pattaya with a modified exhaust........I put a nice endurance aftermarket muffler on a honda wave.......gave it lot's of power, but the cops were swarming on me like bees.......never seen anything like it.........they pulled me 3 times in 4 days.

My chaly (dream engine) has an endurance exhaust, it also has a small hole in the weld is is dam_n loud (not nearly as loud as an Sr400 with a super trap) but here the cops don't care. I've been stopped on it at a sobriety check point and all the cops told me was nice bike.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I also like to know if there is a decent shop for KSR modifications in Pattaya. I found one on but thats quit a way.

@stamrob:

How about reliability with the Takegawa 138cc kit. I heard, that the standard clutch can not handle it, true?

Uwe

Hi, sorry haven't been here long time. The clutch holds up great, I did buy stiffer clutch springs (6 pcs). So far no problems.

For parts check the classifieds in ksr thailand website there is a shit load of stuff. Engine upgrades I would buy a brand (Takegawa, Kitaco or Trail Bikes, because I have now 185cc Thai made and it isn't impressive(it's cr@p)) in the US they have a lot for the KLX 110, exactly same engine.

• 4 weeks later...
The biggest problem of this bike is that you cannot carry anyone...too small for that...

I have one for single rider and one with a fitted rear seat for passenger

Can you give more info about the fitted seat for a passenger? I really want to see about doing this modification if it's fairly straightforward. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
The biggest problem of this bike is that you cannot carry anyone...too small for that...

I have one for single rider and one with a fitted rear seat for passenger

Can you give more info about the fitted seat for a passenger? I really want to see about doing this modification if it's fairly straightforward. Thanks!

You have to get the rear seat carrier from either AC+ or Kawasaki and a rear seat pad (kawasaki) and pretty straightforward BUT I would not recommend it for some who is heavy!