Tragedy strikes Huai Chak Nok: Resident loses life in accident

snoop1130

nok1.jpg

Pictures courtesy of Pattaya News.

A tragic incident occurred at the Huai Chak Nok Reservoir this week, where a resident lost his life after slipping and falling, cracking his skull on a rock during the fall. The Nongprue Police were informed of the incident on Friday, April 28, at the reservoir near Thung Klom Tanman.

Upon arrival at the Huai Chak Nok scene, emergency responders and news teams discovered the body of 53 year old Kanchit Boonsri, a local tree trimmer who had become submerged in the water. His body was stuck beneath a rock weighing approximately 100 kilograms. A backhoe was employed to remove the rock before Kanchit’s body could be retrieved from the Huai Chak Nok reservoir. A severe wound was observed on his skull.

Nookan Puangmala, also aged 53, informed news teams that earlier in the afternoon, he and Kanchit had been working together, cutting tree branches in the vicinity. Once they had completed their work, they walked over to meet an unidentified teenager who had been collecting shells at the time.

While in the shell collecting area, Kanchit suddenly slipped and fell into the Huai Chak Nok. During the fall, his head collided with a large rock and became pinned under a second, heavy rock.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/man-dies-after-falling-into-huai-chak-nok-reservoir-while-trimming-trees

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

A lot of onlookers with naff all else to do but gawp.

Is the SAD emoji for the onlookers, or for my post 

And now someone is CONFUSED.

Tell me, and I will retract my comment about the onlookers if that's what's Saddening or Confusing you.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

A lot of onlookers with naff all else to do but gawp

I am sad to say if it had happened in Pattaya, a lot more phones would be out recording. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

A lot of onlookers with naff all else to do but gawp.

Only 360,000 or so people nationwide unemployed, yet every accident scene has many onlookers who must all be retired?

• Thumbs Up 1