Online Report . Room number.

Just when you thought there cannot be another online report question ....

So previous 4 online reports (CW) No problem.

Sat 29 filed my most recent attempt. 

I use autofill.

What can go wrong I can hear you ask.

Today application rejected.

At least reason was given.

No Room number.

Previously not required.

So the fields are confusing.

My condo has a name (blocked out in red)  and being on well known  road I filled in name of condo and room and street number. 

See attached pic of my new report.

My question: any advice on including room # 

Screenshot_20230502-194206~3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just submitted my latest 90 Day report & like you I used autofill to complete my address details, Address format I used looks exactly the same as yours...  

image.png.9ef9182191eb8fe7216eb493dcf674c9.png

... and like you, never had a problem using this format in the past... Will be interesting to see if it is accepted. 

TBH I have until (Friday) 13th May & am heading to the UK on (Monday) 15th May so if it doesn't work I probably won't bother doing a report this time & start again on my return.  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first was refused fifteen months ago. Resubmitted with the room number, then got passed. So always include it and no problems.

I applied for a certificate of residence permit last month and had not included my room number. The officer made a point of confirming what my room number was, so seemingly it is important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Definitely. Just exit.

No problem . 

I'm surprised/confused that the online report was this time refused given that my previous 4 were approved and I use autofill with no change to address. 

Submitted at 7:09am & received the approval email 08:25am (My Immigration Office is Jomtien). 

Definitely worth submitting yours again to see if it’s approved on the 2nd try. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Definitely worth submitting yours again to see if it’s approved on the 2nd try

Indeed. 

Did that late yesterday. 

Currently its "pending" 

I entered name of condo followed by the following

#### Room 706/298 

The hash being condo name room being 706 and street number being 298.

That will probably be rejected also. 

It's impossible to know what format they accept.

Mind you that applies to many of Thai forms. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't make it too complicated for them by putting unnecessary information in it.

The condo name is not part of the address, and neither is an apartment room number.

If you live in a condo every condo has a house number though which is part of the address.

The only thing you put in the first field is the house number, something like: 123/456

If your address has a village number (moo), then add this as well, so it's for example: 123/456 Moo 5

Everything else you write in this field is wrong.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Everything else you write in this field is wrong

The previous 4 reports online and prior to that via mail included condo name and they were accepted.

In addition the previous 4 online reports did not include room number and were approved. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The previous 4 reports online and prior to that via mail included condo name and they were accepted.

In addition the previous 4 online reports did not include room number and were approved. 

Just because they accepted it 4 times doesn't make it right.

They want the address in the official format, as I described above, or also explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_addressing_system

You can also just look in the house book, that's how they want it, no additional stuff added by yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. 

Did that late yesterday. 

Currently its "pending" 

I entered name of condo followed by the following

#### Room 706/298 

The hash being condo name room being 706 and street number being 298.

That will probably be rejected also. 

It's impossible to know what format they accept.

Mind you that applies to many of Thai forms. 

I don’t know if it makes a difference (it obviously hasn’t in the past) but I do mine the other way around with 285 being the building number (I know this as all the mailboxes  start with 285) & 866 is my condo. 

59 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I don’t know if it makes a difference (it obviously hasn’t in the past) but I do mine the other way around with 285 being the building number (I know this as all the mailboxes  start with 285) & 866 is my condo. 

Thanks for that suggestion.

Another poster suggested leaving out the Condo Name.

My rejection notion expressly stated missing  Room Number..

Will update as soon as I get a notice. 

Cut and paste from rejection email..

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Room no. is missing."

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

If you live in a condo every condo has a house number though which is part of the address.

Ah that explains it! I'm renting a room in a condo and it has two numbers and for the life of me I could not understand why. 

The first number is 212 which I guess is the house number as the condo has 278 rooms (it says 4/1-278 on the front wall). The 2nd number is a combo of the floor number and the location on the floor, which make it easy for the security to slip notes under my door and for True to install lovely high-speed fibre-optic ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

The first number is 212 which I guess is the house number as the condo has 278 rooms (it says 4/1-278 on the front wall)

Your house (condo) number is then actually "4/212", so in case of the 90 day report, or extension, or anything else official, that's what you put on the form.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

Just now, FriendlyFarang said:

Your house (condo) number is then actually "4/212", so in case of the 90 day report, or extension, or anything else official, that's what you put on the form.

Thanks for the clarification. And yes i do put "4/212" on anything official, more by luck than design; I just copied what the condo office put on the TM30 and it works! ????

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 8:35 AM, DrJack54 said:

I'm surprised/confused that the online report was this time refused

With immigration, nothing surprises...but causing confusion is certainly their forte. Sudden and random changes, differing from province to province and even at the whim of individual officers. Nitpicky shifting of goalposts. Wouldn't surprise me if some do it just for "fun" and/or spite. 

My 90 day is due 1 June. Annual extension also next month, which is always done with trepidation, regardless how many times previously. Haha

About a year ago I did an on-line report without room number (CW). It was approved but there was an accompanying note: 'next time pls. add room number'.

I now just add this behind the apartment address as (room xxx), no problems so far