Thai Police Warn of Fake Accommodation Facebook Pages

snoop1130

2018012401225e92fa3a90cb24feb3d4b341e8db131127-696x392.jpg

Police have warned of fake accommodations on Facebook pages and scammers.

On Tuesday (May 2nd) a Spokesman from the Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau, Colonel Krisana Pattanajaroen, warned of fake accommodation Facebook pages. These scammers are reportedly using real photos of rooms, hotels and villas to make them look like real Facebook pages of those places.

Most of the fake Facebook pages show places in famous tourism locations such as in Pattaya, Koh Larn, Phuket, Rayong, and Chanthaburi.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/03/thai-police-warn-of-fake-accommodation-facebook-pages/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

2 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

At least the photos are real. Yet nothing is done about Thai dating apps. Photos misleading, bio misleading-all fake. 

Drifting into another topic maybe.

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

At least the photos are real. Yet nothing is done about Thai dating apps. Photos misleading, bio misleading-all fake. 

If you are stressed about this try talking to a girl in real life....

7 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Nothing new !!! ???? Facebook ???????????? I'm not sure if facebook is good for anything anymore. It died years ago ????????

Yes, a lot of crap on Facebook and other Social Media sites.
But I hope that the new EU regulation against Social Media sites will come true and Thailand will adapt a similar regulation.
The new EU regulation will hold the publisher of FaceBook responsable for everything published in FaceBook.
Will be fun to see this regulation come true ...

• Thanks 1

Another problem with Facebook is it seems just anyone is renting rooms like they are an agent. I don’t think most of them are agents, it’s just anybody.

So how do you track them down if you pay a deposit and they just disappear and how do I know who the owner is?

The listings on realtor websites are self listed, but I assume part of the realtors job is to check if it’s the real owner or not?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

fb - for all their censoring, they sure aren't taking care of spam and fake ads. I get "IKEA" fake ads, job offers , that don't exist, and some of the 'click baits' even don't bother to change the "photo" of the account holder - just the name! It's almost as bad as you-tube and the fake "free energy" videos, which are for the purpose of site visits to view the video, I'm guessing, but I really don't know.

• Thanks 1