As election draws near, dissolution rumors grow

webfact

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This is exactly what my Thai friend told me. It won't happen before the election but after. People are watching. I said to him it's happened in Myanmar but no countries seem to care. Will it be the same here? Interesting question he said but nevertheless Thailand needs to move forward.

My conspiracy theory if you like is China is backing this all the way. They want Thailand to be a military dictatorship. Big call I know but not out of the realms of possibility.

If what you allude to and you say in your last two sentences is true, then Thailands current group in power is playing with fire, and it will not sit well with the west at all.  To many irons in the fire.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If what you allude to and you say in your last two sentences is true, then Thailands current group in power is playing with fire, and it will not sit well with the west at all.  To many irons in the fire.

You're correct. There is of course another level of power at play within Thailand. I'm not sure if these people care at all about the west and repercussions. This may well be a move towards China. Just an educated thought.

Edited by dinsdale

A baiting post has been removed. Keep it civil and on topic, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

It's clear now why Prayut continues to be optimistic about his chances in the general election -- they're going to eliminate the opposition.

Why would they need to eliminate the opposition?

P and P2 have now each set up a party, so they will need only 126 MP's between them two.

Not a difficult task I would guess, and then there is still Bumjai Thai that can add a couple MP's, if they fall 2 or 3 short

Edited by BenStark
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Well this getting exciting it's been a long time since we have had any political riots, get in the popcorn and lock the doors.

I don't think this should be trivialized. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You have me confused, is the criminal fugitive on the ballot? is the criminal fugitive in the running for PM? As usual your talking nonsense.  I understand your dislike for PT but all parties here in Thailand are corrupt in one way or another.  

Which part is confusing for you?

Do you have any doubt at all that Thaksin is controlling PT?

5 hours ago, h90 said:

yes no one want that progressive US style politics....

Where is that? You live in the past? There is not any sign whatsoever for progressive politics but continuing the war mongering style by tattering old Grandpas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Do you think voting for a megalomaniac general is better? One who changed the constitution to remain in power? One who stacked the senate by buying off his military croneys is better? A person who dissolves oppostion parties? A person who may be behind the disappearances of opposition individuals? This guy is hated by everybody except his moron conservative fanboys. Are you're one of them? Or am I wrong and you think change is needed? A pitiful confused or sad anonomized emoji won't do. Be brave and tell us all by responding to my post. No deflection that Thaksin is a criminal tell us all what you think about Prayut.

You make the mistake that many make. If A is bad then B must be good.

My opinion is: A is very bad and B is bad and it would be great for Thailand if people would vote for C or D. But for whatever reason many want to vote again for A because they don't like B.

One big difference between Thaksin and Prayut is that Thaksin was very obvious corrupt and he was already convicted several times to jail. He is officially a fugitive criminal.

With Prayut people accuse him of doing things against the law but he is no convicted criminal and I am not aware of any ongoing case against him. So if people think Prayut is guilty then bring the evidence and convict him.

And in the meantime, look for honest competent people and vote for them to run Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which part is confusing for you?

Do you have any doubt at all that Thaksin is controlling PT?

Is he going to be nominated for PM, is he going to be on the ballot? Does it matter who controls a political group. You must think that the Prawit led PPRP, or the BJT Anutin led group or Prayuts new group are not corrupt.  Tell me Thailand has been better for the last 9 years under this current group then it was under the Thaksin administration.  I know that you and I have been here under both sets of leadership.  Tell me the country has not gone backwards, because I believe it has.  We can agree to disagree as we have on many subjects

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

My conspiracy theory if you like is China is backing this all the way. They want Thailand to be a military dictatorship. Big call I know but not out of the realms of possibility

China would love it, to have Thailand in its back pocket along with the other nations it has won.

But Thailand also knows it needs the west, as doing only business with China comes at a high price, eventually they control your economy and own you. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

China would love it, to have Thailand in its back pocket along with the other nations it has won.

But Thailand also knows it needs the west, as doing only business with China comes at a high price, eventually they control your economy and own you. 

Totally agree. Unfortunately idiots run countries. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is he going to be nominated for PM, is he going to be on the ballot? Does it matter who controls a political group. You must think that the Prawit led PPRP, or the BJT Anutin led group or Prayuts new group are not corrupt.  Tell me Thailand has been better for the last 9 years under this current group then it was under the Thaksin administration.  I know that you and I have been here under both sets of leadership.  Tell me the country has not gone backwards, because I believe it has.  We can agree to disagree as we have on many subjects

Apart from Covid, which we can't even blame Thaksin of Prayut for, I liked it more after Thaksin and his little sister. I liked and still like especially that is it quiet on the streets. No red-shirts, not fires, no no-go-zones in the middle of the city.

If Thaksin and his party come back to power, what do people expect? Peace? Happiness for all Thai people? Or can we expect that he will try to divide the people even more? And obviously he wants revenge against all those people which he blames for his departure from Thailand - instead of looking in the mirror and admitting that there were good reasons why he was convicted to jail.

I really don't want to see Thaksin back in power and history repeating itself and then telling you: I told you so. Please, no more Thaksin!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

It does'nt really surprise me, the current lot will do anything to cling onto power.

agree their actions don't/didn't surprised me, however what surprises me is that it took THEM the long to start the mongering

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Prayut is just another coup leader in Thailand. He is supported by the conservative establishment. Do you want this to continue? Never mind your A,B,C and D's. Do you want to see change in Thailand or do you support the status quo? You didn't answer. Just deflection once again. Believe me I am no fan of Thaksin but I am definetly no fan of Prayut and his cronies. Can you answer the question? Do you support Prayut and the status quo or do you want to see change? It's a reasonable question. For me it's time for Thailand to grow up. I want to see change and I think the votes Move Forward gets will show I'm not alone on this one. Will the will of the people prevail?

It seems I have to spell it out for you.

I absolutely don't want to see any more of Thaksin and his family and his party.

I am also happy if Prayut is not in charge anymore. And if anybody wants to prosecute him then please go ahead. This covers A and B.

Now the big question is: Will many Thai people even try to vote for anybody who is not a well-known crook? Or a family member of a well-known crook?

Will the majority even think about that there are many more options? I have my doubts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Apart from Covid, which we can't even blame Thaksin of Prayut for, I liked it more after Thaksin and his little sister. I liked and still like especially that is it quiet on the streets. No red-shirts, not fires, no no-go-zones in the middle of the city.

If Thaksin and his party come back to power, what do people expect? Peace? Happiness for all Thai people? Or can we expect that he will try to divide the people even more? And obviously he wants revenge against all those people which he blames for his departure from Thailand - instead of looking in the mirror and admitting that there were good reasons why he was convicted to jail.

I really don't want to see Thaksin back in power and history repeating itself and then telling you: I told you so. Please, no more Thaksin!

Edited by dinsdale

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

agree their actions don't/didn't surprised me, however what surprises me is that it took THEM the long to start the mongering

Their power and influence are waning and it will not surprise me if nothing politically will happen in this election. The new regime would not want his reign begin with political unrest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Their power and influence are waning and it will not surprise me if nothing politically will happen in this election. The new regime would not want his reign begin with political unrest. 

no risk of unrest as long as the gang stays, like I said, much of the same same, they are just blowing hot air in case or just in case people will select new regime

2 minutes ago, asf6 said:

The Move Forward party are closing rapidly on the Pheu Thai party in the polls. PT seem to be shooting themselves in the foot and Move Forward are picking up more and more supporters. If it continues like this for another week, you won't have to worry about Thaksin, his family or the PT party winning the election. Just look out for the Move Forward party leader then being accused of doing something sometime somewhere and his party being dissolved. 

I have many fears about this election. The cronies want to retain their power, the youth and others who are sick and tired of them want them out.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

They’re not going to come anywhere close to attaining 126 MPs. Prayuth and Prawit are utterly detested. Their final seat count is going to be very very embarrassing.

You do realize that since they are now 2 independent parties, each of them needs only half of those 126 MP's?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

They’re not going to come anywhere close to attaining 126 MPs. Prayuth and Prawit are utterly detested. Their final seat count is going to be very very embarrassing.

if only you could be right.... my hopes are that u are right

• Like 1

Just now, BenStark said:

You do realize that since they are now 2 independent parties, each of them needs only half of those 126 MP's?

Mate, they could 50 independent parties and they won’t come close to 126. Current polls indicate PT and MF will win a combined 300+ constituency seats and 70% of the party list seats.

The United Thai Nation Party – whose candidate for premier is incumbent Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha– is expected to win only seven of the 400 constituency seats.

The ruling Palang Pracharath Party will fare even worse, the poll found. It is expected to win only five constituency seats. Another coalition member, Chart Thai Pattana, is forecast to win a mere four seats.

• Like 1