The "new" Thailand

Alot more fast food, alot more junk food, and very few work out or exercise. It is a recipe for both obesity and disaster. 

Survival is a skill. One has to be able to educate themselves, figure out what is healthy food, and what the body needs, or suffer the consequences. Nothing about life is automatic, unless you are unconscious enough to make it so. These are personal choices. Everyone has the right to wreck their own lives and their own bodies. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 2

BMI (body mass index), which is based on the height and weight of a person, is an inaccurate measure of body fat content and does not take into account muscle mass, bone density, overall body composition, and racial and sex differences, say researchers from the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania

However, according to recent studies, obesity may also protect against death from all causes, as well as death due to stroke, heart failure and diabetes.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265215#:~:text=BMI (body mass index)%2C,of Medicine%2C University of Pennsylvania.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Farangs are all fit and healthy didnt you know?

i think you have misunderstood.

point was that someone who choses a screen name like that person has and then goes on to speak like they did. 

1 minute ago, stoner said:

i think you have misunderstood.

point was that someone who choses a screen name like that person has and then goes on to speak like they did. 

I saw your point. You missed my point. He attacks Thais whilst ignoring all the unhealthy unattractive farangs.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

When I walk down the streets an watch elderly and even young foreigners at their bar stools I get the impression that obesity is not just  a Thai people's problem.

I don't think anyone would say it is.  The point is that obesity is increasing in Thailand and it is bad.

A very dangerous problem that previously wasn't a thing in Thailand, with people eating traditional freshly cooked and reasonably healthy food, is now a real issue.

There being fat people who aren't Thais doesn't make Thai people being fat a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think anyone would say it is.  The point is that obesity is increasing in Thailand and it is bad.

Correct. Thailand goes the same way that many western countries went 20-30 years ago. Look at the US or Germany. Adipositas is increasing sharply.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

The Thai people like to graze.....Organized, sit down meals which might have nutritional values built into the meals - not so much.....

I'm a little confused, as Thai people very much like to sit down and eat together.  They also like to take time to cook together as well.  Even at work they will cook and eat together.

Thai people have sit down meals at restaurants more than probably anywhere else I have seen people eat.  Most restaurants I walk past are packed every night with large groups of Thais.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm a little confused, as Thai people very much like to sit down and eat together.  They also like to take time to cook together as well.  Even at work they will cook and eat together.

Thai people have sit down meals at restaurants more than probably anywhere else I have seen people eat.  Most restaurants I walk past are packed every night with large groups of Thais.

Thais sit down every meal. Often on the floor. They don't graze at all. High sugar content in most dishes though.

Just now, BangkokReady said:

That people have sit down meals at restaurants more than probably anywhere else I have seen people eat.  Most restaurants I walk past are packed every night with large groups of Thais.

The problem is not sitting and cooking together or eating 5 times a day. Its all the junk food and especially the large amount of sugar in soft drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

The problem is not sitting and cooking together or eating 5 times a day. Its all the junk food and especially the large amount of sugar in soft drinks.

Of course, but that wasn't the reason for my reply.

29 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Only a problem if they want to be more skinny.

9 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Always trust Farang.

They have the most knowledgeable insight on everything and anything.

Blessed.....

????????????

Not true.

Lots of self inflicted disastrous things seen to have happened. ????

• Like 1