The "new" Thailand

10 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Thailand is facing this problem like everybody else. In the UK now, 23% of 11-year-olds are obese (not fat, but obese); it was 13%, 20 years ago. That figure of 13% was regarded as alarming at that time.

You're right, these dangerous %'s have doubled/tripled/quadrupled over the last few decades.

Governments should have protected their citizens, but they didn't. Citizens should have risen up and crushed the evil doers, but they didn't. 

And the sad fact that you point out; We do this to our children. A crime against humanity. 

Edited by Furioso
I just had to add more!
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Bigger factor than eating <deleted> food is the total lack of exercise. Especially the younger ones and adolescents. Little to no exercise at all. Walk outside and get a motorbike to where you are going or a main road. Then taxi for the more affluent and a bus for those not. Another motorcycle to school or work. Texting and playing games on your phone are not forms of exercise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, marin said:

Bigger factor than eating <deleted> food is the total lack of exercise. Especially the younger ones and adolescents. Little to no exercise at all. Walk outside and get a motorbike to where you are going or a main road. Then taxi for the more affluent and a bus for those not. Another motorcycle to school or work. Texting and playing games on your phone are not forms of exercise.

I know several young people who burns more calories in 1 day as the average person on 1 month.

Yet, they are really obese.

This is only because of their feeding habits which consists of lots of sugary food (bread and cake shops, sugary drinks such as bubba tea, etc.).

Food and drinks which were hardly available to the common Thai citizens a decade ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Furioso said:

This is a simple formula being implemented by corporations all over the world. 

1. Get the populations addicted to your deadly poison. 

2. The population becomes obese, weak, easier to manipulate. 

3. Rake in the profits. 

4. The rich become richer.

5. The poor become not only poorer, but also SLAVES to their corporate masters. 

Finally, the answer to the universe!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

sitting in the food hall of mbk pre covid and the thais there were eating collosal amounts of food i couldnt believe where they were putting plates after plate of food ,young slim teens ! soon to be poom puies

I think many parents are to blame.

When I was young, including a teenager, I was drinking mostly tea or milk at home.

And proper cooked "traditional" food. The kind of food which people consumed since forever.

Now it seems many parents give their kids coke and similar drinks whenever they want. And KFC and all that. Nobody should be surprised if there are negative consequence.

It's still possible to live healthy and eat yummy food. It's up to us if we do that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Confuscious said:

If they are not fat enough, they can still go to a doctor and get filled with Bottom.

More and more girls/Woman are getting their <deleted> filled with Bottox to have a bottom like the African woman.

Seems that they are proud to look like this.

Then they can sing along with Sir Mix-a-Lot: “I like big butts...”

3 hours ago, GameMaster said:

Charlie Munger was right: our problem used to be feeding poor people, now it's all about finding ways to prevent their obesity. At the end of the day, it's the same everywhere. Add to that our aging population problem and what you'll see on the horizon is an healthcare apocalypse.

His diet is awful, doesn't exercise. 99yo.

Thailand's natural beauty is currently being crushed under the weight of PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Nestle... the usual suspects. If they expect to still have a tourist industry in 20 years, they need to start locking up all of the 50kg+ land whales until they get back down to an acceptable BMI.

BRB, Grab just arrived with my KFC family bucket.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spongeworthy said:

If they expect to still have a tourist industry in 20 years, they need to start locking up all of the 50kg+ land whales until they get back down to an acceptable BMI.

I doubt this "special" tourist industry will exist here in 20 years. More likely Thai "tourists" will visit one of Europe's then third world countries.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spongeworthy said:

Thailand's natural beauty is currently being crushed under the weight of PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Nestle... the usual suspects. If they expect to still have a tourist industry in 20 years, they need to start locking up all of the 50kg+ land whales until they get back down to an acceptable BMI.

BRB, Grab just arrived with my KFC family bucket.

BMI was discredited years ago.

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

But the main part of these people are really FAT and ugly.
Wearing mini skirts and other clothes showing their fat hanging out.

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

(Please, keep this discussion civilised)

and with a screen name like yours......