Most exciting thing you have done in Thailand

bignok

On 5/14/2023 at 1:02 AM, toofarnorth said:

I have liked Married with chidren for years but I do get sad/annoyed when after a witty comment one has to wait 'til the laughing stops before they carrying on.

Basil Faulty would have none of it.

I liked married with children.   I like British comedy too.   Some of the other Americans that watch British comedy with me did not think it was funny.   Perhaps a little too subtle for them.   Some of it made me laugh till I nearly pissed my pants!

4 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

You mean, if it actually happened?   It did.   Read it again.  I just did a little edit but still the same information

If the company had found out what I did, I would have been in front of  a courtsmartial board!

Good story if you were captured and held for 2 years like Chuck Norris

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Good story if you were captured and held for 2 years like Chuck Norris

Nah, like I wrote, I would have been taken to China or the Soviet Union, probably held in a stone or concrete prison, and interrogated every day until they knew I had nothing else to tell them, then executed!   None of that Chuck Norris fantasy BS!

• 2 months later...

Driving through a village in Thailand where I saw blue people. I first thought it was a carnival but after a while I came to the conclusion that many people of the village actually were blue. I also, later saw some of them in other places close by. I guess it could have been hereditary methemoglobinemia.

When Shan soldiers brought me over the border I could walk around their camp unattended. I then met a group of prisoners in shackles coming over a mountain ridge. I followed them to their destination where guards used hammers and chisels to free them of their shackles and released them because of the holiday.

Edited by thailandsgreat

8 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Driving through a village in Thailand where I saw blue people. I first thought it was a carnival but after a while I came to the conclusion that many people of the village actually were blue. I also, later saw some of them in other places close by. I guess it could have been hereditary methemoglobinemia.

When Shan soldiers brought me over the border I could walk around their camp unattended. I then met a group of prisoners in shackles coming over a mountain ridge. I followed them to their destination where guards used hammers and chisels to free them of their shackles and released them because of the holiday.

You got photos of the blue people?

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

You got photos of the blue people?

No. I felt it had been an intrusion of privacy. I have searched for it but found nothing. I believe it is kept out of the media to avoid invasion of stupid tourists staring. Actually I haven't even found any such village on the Internet, just occasional blue families.

But this is a major forum. (Connected to global information networks?) Someone ought to be able to verify.

Edited by thailandsgreat

18 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

No. I felt it had been an intrusion of privacy. I have searched for it but found nothing. I believe it is kept out of the media to avoid invasion of stupid tourists staring. Actually I haven't even found any such village on the Internet, just occasional blue families.

But this is a major forum. (Connected to global information networks?) Someone ought to be able to verify.

Aliens?

On 5/15/2023 at 7:33 AM, radiochaser said:

I liked married with children.   I like British comedy too.   Some of the other Americans that watch British comedy with me did not think it was funny.   Perhaps a little too subtle for them.   Some of it made me laugh till I nearly pissed my pants!

I liked married with children for its time, now? Not so much, but still think Kelly is hot!

On 5/5/2023 at 11:58 PM, bignok said:

Most exciting thing you have done in Thailand

Thailand has been my home for more than 20 years. I've got a large family and a few close friends.

Every day I do something more exciting than the last, it's just the best place on the planet to live.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I liked married with children for its time, now? Not so much, but still think Kelly is hot!

Funny that you should reply now with that comment about Kelly.
I am in Vietnam, leaving today.  Been here for four days now.   

Two nights ago I was watching Married With Children on Vietnamese cable, satellite or what ever the feed is.   I saw an episode that I have never seen before.   Kelly was supposed to do a tap dance but ended up doing an erotic dance with a male partner.   It was pretty good.