The moment that King Charles III was crowned

Social Media

Good luck I wish you and your people peace and prosperity that beeing said you certainly have a hard act to follow meaning you will most likely never top the queens accomplishments 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

He looked thoroughly embarrassed to me, and rightly so. Like a kid sent to the naughty chair in front of his classmates while trying to pretend he finds it funny.

Still, he's probably got a bit more material for another book to sell to the Brit haters.

On a positive note, Catherine looked incredible as always.

image.png.3701c36f62b3c10fb3bd7798432c8dca.png

That is hardly the most flattering of photos though - she looks positively sneering and supercilious in it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That is hardly the most flattering of photos though - she looks positively sneering and supercilious in it.

I'd call it a gracious smile on a serious occasion. 

What was the expression? Of that's right...

image.png.a876e9f44efce683fd2793527c04e6d9.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It was a joyous occasion where the British people unapologetically showed their continued support for the Monarchy.

Marvellous.

A minority, it would seem:

Most people are not interested in the King’s coronation, major new poll shows

"Most British people are not interested in the King’s coronation, though many said they would still watch it or take part in related festivities, according to a YouGov poll."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Protestors who had already notified their protest to the Met and obtained formal approval were arrested before being able to participate in their democratic right to protest.

I'm guessing the vocal minority, the Pink haired brigade were causing a public nuisance again. 

Nobody likes a party pooper. 

Hope they didn't spend too long in the cells.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Not my business - I would prefer he took the more principled stand of Adam Price, but nothing I can do about it. 

You really shouldn't expect a principled stance from members of the SNP.

Hamza Yusuf is a Republican but he was hardly going to miss an event like this based on minor things like principles.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Seems they allowed protests that were not causing a nuisance.

From your link...

image.png.51ec168fa452fc81a40cfe460884974b.png

Oh those other protestors who were nowhere near the coronation.

So the police now get to arrest people for protesting where their protest might be seen.

Oh, and so you now accept that the support of the British people is clearly not unanimous,

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh those other protestors who were nowhere near the coronation.

So the police now get to arrest people for protesting where their protest might be seen.

Oh, and so you now accept that the support of the British people is clearly not unanimous,

Location is irrelevant. If the police had reason to believe they were going to glue their face to one of the horses or the carriage then it would be reasonable to arrest them before they arrived at the location. If the police had reason to suspect they had a bomb should they refuse to arrest them because they are 'nowhere near' the coronation? 

Where did I say support is unanimous? Oh that's right, I didn't, it was all in your imagination. ???? 

Of course there are always going to be the pink haired, rainbow sock wearing attention seekers screaming obscenities but thankfully it did not detract from a wonderful occasion.

Long Live the King.

• Like 1

After a thorough cleanup of the OP, I have removed, Off topic troll posts as well as Bickering and Personal attacks.  If this continues and you folks, you know who you are, do not stay on topic then the OP will be closed.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 2:48 AM, pegman said:

It would have problably been best if this whole Firm thing had ended once Charles I head had left his shoulders. Very few people of the Commonwealth could care less about the Crown anymore. All the cancel culture nonsense has taken its toll. The rogue English may go for that type of thing at the urging of their trash media but the rest of us subjects are done with it. If a vote of we Commonwealth commoners were done I think Anne would have been crowned today. After her order of preference would likely be Edward, George then Harry. Seeing a couple of adulterers take the thrones today was pathetic. 

Please do NOT think that you speak for me or the thousands people who turned up in person, let alone the millions who watched it live in the UK and around the world.

You do NOT. You speak only for yourself and maybe a few other people.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 2:48 AM, pegman said:

After her order of preference would likely be Edward, George then Harry.

Harry??? ???? With Markle as Queen? ????

Surely you jest. If anything could ever bring down the Monarchy, having a (self confessed/documented) drug taking, Nazi dressing, racist bully like Harry as King would probably achieve it. 

He's lucky to still have his titles. Hopefully, now that the coronation is complete he will be stripped of them pronto.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

BBC News - Coronation: Met expresses 'regret' over arresting six anti-monarchy protesters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65527007

Woke has hit the Met..............????

But, hey, the protesters never got to upset the event, a bit like Princess Anne's headgear............:clap2:

Well done the Met, and very sorry for you anti-anything Brits, head down, walk of shame, till next time...........:intheclub:

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Woke has hit the Met..............????

But, hey, the protesters never got to upset the event, a bit like Princess Anne's headgear............:clap2:

Well done the Met, and very sorry for you anti-anything Brits, head down, walk of shame, till next time...........:intheclub:

As usual you make no attempt to address the issue; just the usual retort that anyone who doesn't subscribe to your narrow-minded, insular, know-your-place version of the UK is anti-British. Sad.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

As usual you make no attempt to address the issue; just the usual retort that anyone who doesn't subscribe to your narrow-minded, insular, know-your-place version of the UK is anti-British. Sad.

Me, narrow-minded, now come on, I support the "Kingdom", you don't, your lot got stuffed, the loyal Brits move on....Hip-Hip, hoorah..... :clap2:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Me, narrow-minded, now come on, I support the "Kingdom", you don't, your lot got stuffed, the loyal Brits move on....Hip-Hip, hoorah..... :clap2:

Thanks for proving my point.

Despite your attempt to trivialise matters there are serious issues here. As this incident highlights, the new laws give the police greater power to curb the ability of individuals to protest. 

I don't imagine you see a problem with that but those who value free speech do.

Edited by RayC
Addition
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RayC said:

Despite your attempt to trivialise matters there are serious issues here. As this incident highlights, the new laws give the police greater power to curb the ability of individuals to protest. 

There are no rules or laws in UK banning free speech.

This is part of the problem. There is free speech, there are protests and there are disturbances.

Do you really think the idiot that got on top of the snooker table and peppered it with orange powder was practicing free speech? Or the "stop oil" idiots gluing themselves to roads causing traffic mayhem? If the protesters on Saturday really were not planning any disturbance, why did they choose that particular day to protest? If their following is as big as they say, surely they could have protested on any day. They would then be making themselves the main focal point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RayC said:

I fully support the Police .

The protestors are annoying and disruptive and cause a nuisance .

Attention  seekers 

• Thanks 1