Exempt visa extension denied because of no tm 30

After waiting a few hours and filling in all forms the application for visa extension was denied. They wanted proof of adress and a tm 30. Last time i applied a couple months ago this was not required. I cant get proof of address in the apartment i live for a few reason. Are there other ways of doing this? Hotel receipt etc?

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hotel is fine, ask if they will do TM30, only need 1 or 2 days there

Thanks, guys at immigration also said i would have to go chaeng wattana for tm 30, is this correct? Or does hotel provide all?

3 hours ago, Sambo5000 said:

Thanks, guys at immigration also said i would have to go chaeng wattana for tm 30, is this correct? Or does hotel provide all?

Don't need to attend CW for TM30.

Ask hotel for screenshot of filing TM30.

When you attend immigration for extension take print out of TM30.

What type of extension are you applying for.

How did you enter Thailand? 

If visa exempt then you do attend Laksi immigration (IT Mall) .

Edit: just noticed thread heading.

Seems you entered visa exempt.

You attend Laksi and provide TM30 screenshot print out at doc check..

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

It will be delivered on the spot, costs 1.900,- THB and the 30 days will be added to the expiry date of your current Permit to stay (so no need to wait till last days to do the application, as you won't 'lose' any days by applying earlier).

What about the hotel cost?

In Pattaya, an agent can file TM30 for 1,000 baht. Nothing is required except the passport. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What about the hotel cost?
In Pattaya, an agent can file TM30 for 1,000 baht. Nothing is required except the passport. 

A booking for one night at the cheapest Hotel/Guesthouse you can find, for the night prior to go to Immigration for your application would do.  Obviously the Hotel/Guesthouse should be able to provide you with a copy of the on-line TM-30 notification they have to make that you are staying there. 

Since you only need that copy, you are not even required to spend the night there (and might actually bargain a huge discount because it is only that copy of the TM-30 notification you need).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

A booking for one night at the cheapest Hotel/Guesthouse you can find, for the night prior to go to Immigration for your application would do.  Obviously the Hotel/Guesthouse should be able to provide you with a copy of the on-line TM-30 notification they have to make that you are staying there. 

Since you only need that copy, you are not even required to spend the night there (and might actually bargain a huge discount because it is only that copy of the TM-30 notification you need).

Ok, Thanks for unnecessary information to my question. My question was how much you pay for a one night hotel for a TM30? Even if it is a few hundred bahts cheaper, it is better to give to an agent for a hands-free extension without the trouble of registering into a hotel just for a TM30. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

It seems they are really looking for people who have previous entry/extensions especially ones where you didn't use Bangkok for the extension.

CW is also hardcore. I think that they are looking to eliminate an agent* supplied address that is not where you live.

*face value TM30 and showing bank book for non extension requirements appears to be a clampdown on agents, but it might be a clampdown on the "wrong" agents.

Edited by mokwit

15 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Many small hotels/guesthouses don't do them. Staff haven't even a clue to what is being referred"DM...alai-wah"????

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Many small hotels/guesthouses don't do them. Staff haven't even a clue to what is being referred"DM...alai-wah"????

Then those Hotels/Guesthouses are probably only catering to Thai clientele.  And when a foreigner is staying there, they are not complying with Thai law, and can be heavily fined for not doing it.  The law stipulates that the Owner/Possessor of the place where a foreigner is staying, needs to notify local Immigration within 24 hours of arrival that a foreigner is staying at the premises.  That notification is done by issuing a TM-30, and in case the foreigner is staying at a Hotel/Guesthouse, he can request a copy of that notification (which he needs when applying for an Immigration service like a 30-day extension).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

No like most all countries in the world they like to know where you are while in the country on a visa or extension 

Guess what..when I take my Thai gf to Australia with her tourist visa immigration has ZERO interest where she is. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Guess what..when I take my Thai gf to Australia with her tourist visa immigration has ZERO interest where she is. 

Good for you, australia is only 1 country. But I expected your contradicting  comment so thanks, it's good to know. 

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Good for you, australia is only 1 country. But I expected your contradicting  comment so thanks, it's good to know. 

Don't be silly.

It's not just Australia.

When I take my Thai gf MANY times to Japan and other countries there is ZERO requirement for her to report address.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

No like most all countries in the world they like to know where you are while in the country on a visa or extension 

I did 6 months in Europe visiting most EU countries and no-one cared where I was as no TM30 equivalent was required?

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I did 6 months in Europe visiting most EU countries and no-one cared where I was as no TM30 equivalent was required?

So true.

In addition the "criminal element" that is sometimes offered up as a reason for all the paperwork nonsense such as TM30 etc is exactly that. Rubbish!

Only a guess, but anyone in Thailand illegally would hardly be concerned with some of this nonsense paperwork. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

That's great but every country is not like that so you need to follow the regulations of the country you are in.

Interestingly there are a number of expats constantly complaining about following this and other regulations as if this is Their country and regulations don't apply or shouldn't because they're entitled or should be. 

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Dan O said:

No they don’t. Most countries allow to stay and move freely for the duration of your visa.

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't be silly.

It's not just Australia.

When I take my Thai gf MANY times to Japan and other countries there is ZERO requirement for her to report address.

Rubbish, to use your common response. 

Going to other countries on a visa is one thing, getting an extension to that visit maybe be completely different, but I'm sure you'll argue that as well. As I said in my original comment many countries want to know where you will be while in country especially on requests for extension of visits, not all but many. 

46 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

No they don’t. Most countries allow to stay and move freely for the duration of your visa.

Not when your requesting an extension, which is the topic of the OP. Many countries want more info before granting extensions