Exempt visa extension denied because of no tm 30

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

Not when your requesting an extension, which is the topic of the OP. Many countries want more info before granting extensions

So I’ve strayed away from the original post. That doesn’t make my comments incorrect 

Just now, Fairynuff said:

So I’ve strayed away from the original post. That doesn’t make my comments incorrect 

Yes, we're not talking about a visa entry because you don't need an TM30 to get a visa and that's what we're discussing, getting an extension

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not when your requesting an extension, which is the topic of the OP. Many countries want more info before granting extensions

TM30 is required within 24 hours of any stay in Thailand, which is pretty unique to just Thailand. It is not created specifically for the extension like you seem to think, it's just one of the documents to tick off like copy of passport and entry stamp

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

TM30 is required within 24 hours of any stay in Thailand, which is pretty unique to just Thailand. It is not created specifically for the extension like you seem to think, it's just one of the documents to tick off like copy of passport and entry stamp

Oh no…. what’ve you started here ???? At least the pressure is off me now 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I know exactly what it's for and the significance and enforcement has changed a few years ago. Really the only time you need it is for extensions or other specific govt business. Producing one any other time is pretty meaningless and never checked or asked for.  The OP is about having one for getting an extension so staying with the conversation is what I have been commenting on.