Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

This is making the rounds of general foot forums...

Tycoon Thaksin Shinawatra has put Manchester City’s entire squad up for sale in the latest twist to his bizarre behaviour. Thai billionaire Shinawatra, who is already set to sack manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, is apparently so disgusted with the team’s performances in the second half of the season that he wants a massive clear-out, including young stars such as Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart.

The news of the impending fire sale throws City even deeper into turmoil and will further antagonise fans, who staged a mass demonstration against Shinawatra last week. They are threatening to withhold money for season tickets until it becomes clear who the manager will be next season and what players will be on the pitch. It also underlines the belief of many City insiders that Shinawatra does not understand football.

City’s owner, it is understood, has written a letter to each member of the team conveying his feelings. He has put all contract talks on hold and wants to start next season from scratch with a new manager and new players. All this has prompted deputy chairman John Wardle, who is distraught at the crisis, to apologise to the players for selling the club to Shinawatra.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just keeps getter funnier and funnier. How wrong I was before to be upset about Toxin being able to buy a footie club. Som nom naa to the fans who sold out to this cretin. Reap what you sow and all that:)

From todays Daily Express.

"Tycoon Thaksin Shinawatra has put Manchester City's entire squad up for sale in the latest twist to his bizarre behaviour."

Brilliant stuff.

Why doesn't he just move Eriksson and the entire squad to on inactive post?

sventalksinic0.jpg

:o to Thailand

Meanwhile the players & coach have been advised not give any interviews....... :D

:D

Can they hide all those English Thai Newspapers (full of pending :D Thaksin court cases) in all those Thai hotels?

tbc....

Proof positive that Sven is a right tart and would blow Toxin's d..k, if the price was right. No shame in the man. They suit each other, this couple. He should feel right at home in Bangkok anyway. :D

The British press love to have someone to hate, and even the Guardian is joing in the party. Good on them. :D

Click on this link, for a few funny picture captions. The guardian now hav a slot on their website dedicated to Toxin. :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery...cture=334132160

I loved the Little Britain spoof one! Just like his impetuous nature. :D

Tony, do send in some of your classics to the Grauniad - might be a prize in it!

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/05/16/shinawatra-puts-man-citys-entire-squad-up-for-sale

Shinawatra puts Man City's entire squad up for sale!

May 16th, 2008

Citeh's Thai revolution takes another bizarre twist

Unassisted by useful journalistic tools like evidence and quotations, The Daily Express today are claiming that Thai nutbag :D Thaksin Shinawatra has put the entire Manchester City team up for sale:

Thai billionaire Shinawatra, who is already set to sack manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, is apparently so disgusted with the team's performances in the second half of the season that he wants a
massive clear-out
, including young stars such as Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart.

If this is true, what the Gary Mabbutt is he up to? It's no secret that Shinawatra is a fan of impatient and drastic measures - his war on drugs in Thailand were so 'ruthless' that a reported 2,700 people were killed in a two month period - but this ain't the way to run a football club.

Still, it would be great news for the rest of the Premier League. Micah Richards, anyone?

Unquote

What's a nutbag? :D

Don't forget to check out these creative works here: :ohttp://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery...cture=334132160 :D:D:D

Edited by nomoretalksin

While it is a sad situation this is turning into regarding the present unrest at Man City and to the football communities who have,

( By way of the premier leagues insistance that he is / was a fit and proper individual to become owner and therefore due phoney respect as such from all associations and fans suckered into taking him at his word. )

The fact is, in my humble opinion, we have all been used as publicity fodder in an attempt to give / restore undeserved creditability to an individual who does not give a fcku about our many years of history nor the traditions of all football supporters and our respective clubs.

He is undeserving in every respect and rather than a Thai style bow be forthcoming, he should himself go a step further and prostrate himself before the world in the centre of the Man City ground, while their supporters show him what they really think of his duplicity and obvious arrogant don,t give a fcku about any of you, along with his self serving non football interests and conveniences

They do not and never did have anything to do with the love of the club or the feelings of the supporters and he has conned thousands of their fans along the way into thinking otherwise.

He is of course a master of cons and has a publicity machine to match his never ending honest / dishonest intentions be they in the UK, Thailand or wherever monetary gains ect. ect. can be made.

Fact Number One :-

He is a cold calculating businessman with no love what so ever to Man City, or the citizens of Thailand.

He couldn,t give a sod about football / clubs and as with all owners who do, can never be dependant upon to putting funds into the club, out of loyalty, as many an owner do season after season.

Fact Number Two :-

He is now at the present time using Man City here in Thailand, not to project his love for the club, it,s interests and it,s thousands of die hard supporters.

He is using them as a publicity tool to further his phoney adoration of Thailands gullible citizens, restore his dented pride and regain / display his so called stature as a respectable business man and show how unjustly he was cast aside and wrongly accused of all that has gone before him during the last 18 months or so.

Fact Number Three :-

The sooner he gets out of football and disappears from our shores, the better for our game and our country, IMHO.

Just look at all the negative headlines he has been responsible for since becoming owner of Man City and all the consequent disrepute attached to them and answer me honestly.

Is he really deserving of being adolised and respected of such an honourable position and is really a fit and proper person to be allowed to take over, unchallenged by the so called representatives / adminstrations of our beloved game, and use his position to further his own self interests that have fcku all to do with our love and loyalty to our respective clubs.

I do not think, I Know he isn,t and that,s also a fact. :o

marshbags :D

We also have loyal Man City supporters on this forum who, instead of being able to enjoy a reasonable end to season, are having to defend the club re this negative and devious individual and his non footballing intentions.

As club fans we should give them a bit of slack and understanding on what has up to now been a nightmare scenario of late and looks likely to continue for some time to come.

After all, we have all at some time given unreserved loyalty to our respected clubs and will continue to defend them through thick and thin, when it doesn,t involve actions considered dishonourable and unlawful, that is.

As genuine fans we can do nothing less.

Edited by marshbags

While it is a sad situation this is turning into regarding the present unrest at Man City and to the football communities who have,

( By way of the premier leagues insistance that he is / was a fit and proper individual to become owner and therefore due phoney respect as such from all associations and fans suckered into taking him at his word. )

The fact is, in my humble opinion, we have all been used as publicity fodder in an attempt to give / restore undeserved creditability to an individual who does not give a fcku about our many years of history nor the traditions of all football supporters and our respective clubs.

He is undeserving in every respect and rather than a Thai style bow be forthcoming, he should himself go a step further and prostrate himself before the world in the centre of the Man City ground, while their supporters show him what they really think of his duplicity and obvious arrogant don,t give a fcku about any of you, along with his self serving non football interests and conveniences

They do not and never did have anything to do with the love of the club or the feelings of the supporters and he has conned thousands of their fans along the way into thinking otherwise.

He is of course a master of cons and has a publicity machine to match his never ending honest / dishonest intentions be they in the UK, Thailand or wherever monetary gains ect. ect. can be made.

Fact Number One :-

He is a cold calculating businessman with no love what so ever to Man City, or the citizens of Thailand.

He couldn,t give a sod about football / clubs and as with all owners who do, can never be dependant upon to putting funds into the club, out of loyalty, as many an owner do season after season.

Fact Number Two :-

He is now at the present time using Man City here in Thailand, not to project his love for the club, it,s interests and it,s thousands of die hard supporters.

He is using them as a publicity tool to further his phoney adoration of Thailands gullible citizens, restore his dented pride and regain / display his so called stature as a respectable business man and show how unjustly he was cast aside and wrongly accused of all that has gone before him during the last 18 months or so.

Fact Number Three :-

The sooner he gets out of football and disappears from our shores, the better for our game and our country, IMHO.

Just look at all the negative headlines he has been responsible for since becoming owner of Man City and all the consequent disrepute attached to them and answer me honestly.

Is he really deserving of being adolised and respected of such an honourable position and is really a fit and proper person to be allowed to take over, unchallenged by the so called representatives / adminstrations of our beloved game, and use his position to further his own self interests that have fcku all to do with our love and loyalty to our respective clubs.

I do not think, I Know he isn,t and that,s also a fact. :o

marshbags :D

We also have loyal Man City supporters on this forum who, instead of being able to enjoy a reasonable end to season, are having to defend the club re this negative and devious individual and his non footballing intentions.

As club fans we should give them a bit of slack and understanding on what has up to now been a nightmare scenario of late and looks likely to continue for some time to come.

After all, we have all at some time given unreserved loyalty to our respected clubs and will continue to defend them through thick and thin, when it doesn,t involve actions considered dishonourable and unlawful, that is.

As genuine fans we can do nothing less.

Breaking (fair play ?? :D ) news:

CITY go UEFA Cup via the Fair Play league!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=698467

Anyone wanna bet, Talk-sin will change his mind, and will use this occasion, to "save Sven" himself by announcing

his contract to be uphold for next season in order to regain his own credibility with the city fans and club employees?

This guy always has last minute luck (court cases etc.). How long any more I just wonder?

lucky Taky

:o

You only get so many lives, and Taxi(sic) must be running out of them.

I did notice that he has mentioned legal action, :D . I'll assume it'll be the customary billion baht. :o

The British press wont bow down like they do here.

Anyone wanna bet, Talk-sin will change his mind, and will use this occasion, to "save Sven" himself by announcing

his contract to be uphold for next season in order to regain his own credibility with the city fans and club employees?

This guy always has last minute luck (court cases etc.). How long any more I just wonder?

lucky Taky

I've been pondering this for a while now.

However, even though Sven might be quite happy to carry on with an increased pay cheque, I assume that someone must have told him that he has a strong case for constructive dismissal - the way Thaksin has been shooting his mouth off about firing him.

So maybe Sven will go anyway. He already seems to have a few jobs in the offering, and even he must be finding Thaksin's dictatorial style a bit hard to stomach. With any luck, he might and try to sue Thaksin for his unexpired contract money - even if Thaksin has a change of heart.

That'll rub his nose right in it, and reduce even further the chances of attracting a new manager - let alone good players.

lucky Taky

I've been pondering this for a while now.

However, even though Sven might be quite happy to carry on with an increased pay cheque, I assume that someone must have told him that he has a strong case for constructive dismissal - the way Thaksin has been shooting his mouth off about firing him.

So maybe Sven will go anyway. He already seems to have a few jobs in the offering, and even he must be finding Thaksin's dictatorial style a bit hard to stomach. With any luck, he might and try to sue Thaksin for his unexpired contract money - even if Thaksin has a change of heart.

That'll rub his nose right in it, and reduce even further the chances of attracting a new manager - let alone good players.

I'd certainly guess that SGE would have a very strong case of constructive dismissal under the British Emplyment laws if he chose to persue it. How funny that would be, to see Toxin up in front of a British employment tribunal. However, realisticaly, he'll probably end up getting paid off, and hop onto another high paid job.

Edited by mrtoad

BBC - so it's official: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ity/7392552.stm

I congratulate the players and the coach, but not the owner ....

as he's actions are really not fair play (neither in sports nor in politics).

I assume Thaksin will be announcing tomorrow

at the "Thai-All-Star - City (another press stunt) friendly in Bangkok,

His newest press stunt (try):

"Sven will remain....because I love you, the fans, the club ...etc. bla bla.... "

so let's bring one on ex (copyright/source below - see 8 more funnies!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery...cture=334132189

(Shin City is my favorite - but guess a bit harsh)

picture3lf8.th.png

"Greetings from Bangkok - We will be soon back and we will conquer Europe!!" :D:o

(good time back for big mouth with big speaches)

The British press love to have someone to hate, and even the Guardian is joing in the party. Good on them. :D

Click on this link, for a few funny picture captions. The guardian now hav a slot on their website dedicated to Toxin. :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery...cture=334132160

I loved the Little Britain spoof one! Just like his impetuous nature. :D

Tony, do send in some of your classics to the Grauniad - might be a prize in it!

Contest was over by the time I read this. :D

Nonetheless... :D

While we are concentrating on the positives of Man. City,s season the following article via the BBC,s Network gives more details on the achievement.

BBC, Sports News, 12:34 GMT, Friday, 16 May 2008 13:34 UK

Man City claim last Uefa Cup slot

Man City beat Fulham to the final Uefa Cup place

Manchester City will play in next season's Uefa Cup after claiming a place via the Premier League's fair play table.

England were awarded an extra place in the tournament after the Premier League came top of Uefa's fair play rankings.

Sven-Goran Eriksson's side finished sixth in the Premier League fair play table, but all the sides above them had already qualified for Europe.

City will join the Uefa Cup at the first qualifying round stage in July.

They had feared losing out to Fulham in the race for European football after centre-back Richard Dunne was sent off in the 8-1 defeat by Middlesbrough in their final game of the season.

"It's like the dream came true," Eriksson, whose future at the club is in serious doubt, told the club's official website.

"Our dream to play in Europe has been strong all season.

It's a confirmation that we are a good team, but also a team that behaves well on the pitch

Man City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson

"At one point we thought we were almost sure to get there, at other points we've been almost out of it, but now this news is absolutely fantastic for the club, for the fans and for everyone."

"It's a step in the right direction because the target for this club in the future is to play in the Champions League, and the Uefa Cup is a very good school to learn about European football.

"It's a confirmation that we are a good team, but also a team that behaves well on the pitch, we are good with the referees and we try to follow the rules as much as possible. It's like a bonus for us."

Club chairman Thaksin Shinawatra added: "I am delighted for everybody at the club, especially our supporters."

City, who finished in ninth place in the league table, qualified for the Uefa Cup on the same basis in 2003.

606: DEBATE

It's good for City, they should have qualified on merit

Hogcity

The fair play system awards points based on criteria including respect for opponents and the referee, positive play as well as the number of yellow and red cards received.

City will not be able to host the first qualifying round tie at Eastlands as the pitch is due to be relaid once a Bon Jovi concert has taken place on 22 June.

Huddersfield's Galpharm Stadium, which usually plays host to rugby league in the summer, has been mentioned as a possible alternative.

The draw for the first qualifying round will be made on 30 June, with City placed in the Northern section.

Unquote.

Ref url :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7392552.stm

Great news for the supporters, manager and the players.

Well done all of you.

Just maybe it may give the owner food for thought regarding what a UK football club is all about and the relationships between the club and the supporters.

You also have to acknowledge the important part played by your present manager who has turned the club around and hopefully listen to the fans and their voices, supporting him and his contributions of last season.

Let us remember he / they achieved this in spite of all the unrest coming from the owner, who did nothing to encourage S.E,s participation.

As in my opinion, diplomatically quoted by the manager " At one point we thought we were almost sure to get there, at other points we've been almost out of it. " you only have to read between the lines to pin point the probable reason why.

Get behind the club or get TFOO it Thaksin.

We need to concentrate on football next season, not the self interests of you and your non related off field activities.

IMHO as always

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Apologies to NMTskin who has already posted the BBC article, only just spotted it and while i tried, i couldn,t edit my duplication of it.

As is constantly advisable while here in Thailand, culture wise, do as the Thai do.

Likewise for those who are guests in the UK, is applicable, especially when it comes to the footballing side of things, in this instance.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

What excellent news !

One can only congratulate the fans, their team & its manager, for the Fair-Play result, achieved despite the dodgy ownership. They must be well-pleased, and proud, about this.

And SGE, like a true professional, is currently here in Thailand, still serving the owner's commercial & political ends.

Now if only Dr T hadn't already told the world, about his dissatisfaction & plans, to break up this winning combination. Isn't there an English saying, about feet and big mouths, which fits this situation ? :o

It's a good news for the club, but even better news for Thaksin. Now he has a chance to be forgiven by fans, and I bet he will be. One more round of noodles and the fans will be as loyal as ever. If he brings Girly Berry for the first game (June 30), they might stage a Songkran party just for the fans.

After that he can proudly display his white Chinese ass for players to bow.

Let's the good times roll again.

>>>

Unfortunately for fans, that's how their love for the club will be exploited.

Who knows, Sven might have an unforeseen 'accident' during his stay in Pattaya.

That might fortuitously save Thaksin a few million pounds on contract severance compensation.

Yea he'll probably be found dead, shot in the head twice and the police will rule it a suicide :o (happend in Pattaya to a another farang I have been led to beleive)

Who knows, Sven might have an unforeseen 'accident' during his stay in Pattaya.

That might fortuitously save Thaksin a few million pounds on contract severance compensation.

Yea he'll probably be found dead, shot in the head twice and the police will rule it a suicide :o (happend in Pattaya to a another farang I have been led to beleive)

Far more likely to jump from the tenth floor of his hotel window in a fit of depression, following his dismissal by Thaksin, and the discovery that his overnight bed companion was a ladyboy :D

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/05/16/shinawatra-puts-man-citys-entire-squad-up-for-sale

May 16th, 2008

From skysports http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_3574388,00.html

Thaksin denies sale rumours

City owner rubbishes speculation

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has denied rumours that he is set to put his entire squad up for sale in the summer.

There has been mass speculation regarding possible changes at Eastlands this summer and it is widely expected that manager Sven Goran Eriksson will be shown the door.

Thaksin is understood to be disappointed with City's poor form in the second half of the season, which saw the club fall out of the reckoning for automatic European qualification via a top five finish in the Premier League.

City have now secured a place in the Uefa Cup via the Fair Play league, but Shinawatra insists there was never any truth in speculation that he was looking to offload players.

"There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations," Thaksin said in a statement.

"I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven Goran Eriksson, this season."

"There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations," Thaksin said in a statement.

"I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven Goran Eriksson, this season."

So now SGE isn't for the 'chop' after all ?

Followers of Dr T's career will not be surprised, at this apparent reversal of several weeks of mutterings, or of SGE's eventual dismissal, as & when it takes place. That is the degree of reliance & consistency, on his utterances, which we have come to know & appreciate ! :o

May 16th, 2008

From skysports http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_3574388,00.html

Thaksin denies sale rumours

City owner rubbishes speculation

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has denied rumours that he is set to put his entire squad up for sale in the summer.

There has been mass speculation regarding possible changes at Eastlands this summer and it is widely expected that manager Sven Goran Eriksson will be shown the door.

Thaksin is understood to be disappointed with City's poor form in the second half of the season, which saw the club fall out of the reckoning for automatic European qualification via a top five finish in the Premier League.

City have now secured a place in the Uefa Cup via the Fair Play league, but Shinawatra insists there was never any truth in speculation that he was looking to offload players.

Remember this? :o

And he sold days later blaming the kids. :D

THAILAND: Thaksin denies family is selling stake in Shin Corp

Straits Times

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bangkok --- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday sought to squash talk that his family was selling shares in its business empire, but many observers will be watching to see if the deal will go ahead.