Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

There was a story in Daily Xpress about poor reception for Man City, again. When they went to open their shop, people were cheering Thaksin in Thai and didn't even notice when the players showed up. Thaksin fans then changed the traditional "Thaksin Su Su" to "Manchester Su Su". At the hotel there was some commotion, but it turned out it was about some Korean boy band having lunch there, not about the team. They also got in the news for denying that a player had been ripped off by a hooker.

Then, to top it off, they apparently lost to Thailand.

First qualifying round for Uefa Cup is less than two months away, btw, and no one knows if they'll have a manager by then.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a picture in Daily Xpress paper edition that I can't find on their website. It shows a group of seven people with "In Frank we trust" banner, and they are surrounded by at least three rows of empty seats on each side.

There's a picture in Daily Xpress paper edition that I can't find on their website. It shows a group of seven people with "In Frank we trust" banner, and they are surrounded by at least three rows of empty seats on each side.

Here's another picture, off-pitch at the Thammasat - Chualongkorn's (2 leading top universities in Thailand) own yesterday's football match.

Showing some pre-game procession: mocking Thaksin's = TRT = PPP = current ruling goverment coalition's politics, and putting his purpose for the purchase of Manchester City

in proper lights: Amending the current charter (instead of helping the people with more urgent politics) with and by his current proxy & puppet government to whitewash his previous crimes = amending current charter so all courts currently active in investigating Thaksin's & his previous governments court cases will be annulled (= an official goal by the charter amendment try by his proxy politicians).

Also trying to gain & keep the voters on his side through/by English football = approx. 80% of Thai males are crazy about English Football and follow each round via TV and Radio nationwide". A to be believed sure future votes for future elections.

Most Bangkok people understand very well what is going on. Well done Thammast! :o

picture2cj6.png

by/via/thanks to the www.bangkokpost.com

Here's some Reuters photos of the match showing off the stadium absolutely jammed full with the packed rows and rows of fervent Thai fans....

r1938335022.jpg

r2947156669.jpg

r3172824295.jpg

Edited by sriracha john

r2002933544.jpg

Former Thai Prime Minister and Manchester City football club owner Thaksin Shinawatra (L) signs an autograph for a Thai girl during the opening ceremony of an official MCFC store of the soccer club in Bangkok.

REUTERS

==================================================================

Previously he was very much into his highly dubious act of autographing Thai currency, which contains the image of.......

10799874low.gif

Edited by sriracha john

City is playing Thailand's All Star team today and I can't find it on UBC - local cable channel. In fact the game have finished already. Anyone knows how it went?

Thailand 3 Man City 1

In the prophetic pre-match Stare Down Contest, Thaksin lost to Sven by the same 3 to 1 score.

r2087011347.jpg

soccer_bk101.jpg

Edited by sriracha john

you can read on the M-Cty official homepage what they are up to (of course only goods news as usual with Thaksin's onesided press-stunts & media-style): http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...;newsid=5276273

Apparently 20. April they will fly to HKG.

--------------

Another news:

Arrogant as he is, he keeps now (depsite end of season) the whole club waiting:

City's Sun admits: We're all in dark

by Ben Blackmore, 19 May 2008 S

Sun Jihai has fuelled claims that Thaksin Shinawatra has transfer-listed the entire Manchester City squad, admitting 'nobody knows' where their future lies continue here: http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...rk-over-future/

Thaksin as usual: "I did it my way!". Making good friends, with all the deals he's in to. Can't this man ever touch a project, without bringing half of the understanding staff (or voters etc.) to the/a boiling point?? Somtimes I serious doubt this person's intelligence. And the half (the non-understanding farmers mostly) of Thailand are praising him as a clever business man. Corrupt, impatient, arrogant, selfloving, greedy, un-coperative, dictatoral leadership can run a English Premier League Club? I sometimes just wonder, what people all swallow once money is placed on the table? :o

Are Sven and the Man City players in Hong Kong yet?

Think they are in Pattaya till tomorrow, but I may be wrong.

Right, but of course on the M-City homepage, they would not mention this city-name. Not good advertising for the club. Guess a lot of rain down there today. I wonder if the kickers & Sven etc. , will have a look down at in the walking-street, full of go-go bars and similar pleasures? Could imagine Thaksin's son have some pleasures with them down there tonight. Anyhow I guess they must watch out, as there most be some English tabloid blokes following those chaps, no? he he :o

Edited by nomoretalksin

It seems to me that Thaksin has confirmed his main objective in purchasing Man. City and for who,s benefit .

The Thailand tour situation and the publicity appears to be about him ONLY and the club are a secondary after thought.

Let us hope that The U.K. fans of Man. City can influence an about turn relating to the footballing management and the required standards not only they expect from an owner, but ALL fans across the nation.

If he wishes to see his latest acquisition continue succesfully he will be about to loose much THAI FACE, otherwise he really is on his way, one way or another.

The fans will surely decide his future and he better well know it, ( if he doesn,t already get it ) :o

marshbags :D

Manchester City Football Club Arrives in Pattaya

On Sunday afternoon players and officials of the English football club Manchester City as well as Sven-Goran Eriksson, soon to be the former coach of the side, were greeted in a lavish ceremony at the Royal Cliff Resort Hotel.

The team, which is owned by the former Prime Minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra, is in Pattaya for a bit of sight seeing as well as hosting a football training clinic for local youths and other interested parties.

The players and officials are in the city until Tuesday.

- PCN (today)

=======================================================

Read about a police report filed by an unnamed Manchester City player in the Daily Xpress, but unfortunately it's not contained in their online version.

Apparently after providing a "special over-night football training clinic" to one of Pattaya's female populace, he awoke the following morning in his hotel room minus all the English currency he had the previous evening.

Edited by sriracha john

City is playing Thailand's All Star team today and I can't find it on UBC - local cable channel. In fact the game have finished already. Anyone knows how it went?

Thailand 3 Man City 1

Interesting result !

Would MC-fans blame this on :

1. The quality of the Thailand All-Stars Team, which was without its 3 best players, who were getting their first-ever game for MC first-team ?

2. The absense of several leading MC-players, who failed to come on the tour, due to claimed-illness or missing-the-plane or whatever ?

3. Was it a cop-out, perfectly understandably, on the orders of the owner, to boost his image in his home-country ?

4. Was it all SGE's fault ?

5. Was it in protest against the owner's treatment of SGE ?

6. Were the MC-players too 'shagged-out', following their rest-period in Pattaya, a match-fitness problem ?

And will they be recovered for the game against Hong-Kong ? :o

Manchester City Football Club Arrives in Pattaya

On Sunday afternoon players and officials of the English football club Manchester City as well as Sven-Goran Eriksson, soon to be the former coach of the side, were greeted in a lavish ceremony at the Royal Cliff Resort Hotel.

The team, which is owned by the former Prime Minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra, is in Pattaya for a bit of sight seeing as well as hosting a football training clinic for local youths and other interested parties.

The players and officials are in the city until Tuesday.

- PCN (today)

=======================================================

Read about a police report filed by an unnamed Manchester City player in the Daily Xpress, but unfortunately it's not contained in their online version.

Apparently after providing a "special over-night football training clinic" to one of Pattaya's female populace, he awoke the following morning in his hotel room minus all the English currency he had the previous evening.

She did it '' Her way'' . :o

The fire sale of the whole squad sounds as reliable as "bow to the chairman" story.

It mentions personal letters to every player, though. Easy to prove if it's true.

From what I heard from journos, the story was confirmed to sports journos by a premier league football club on condition of anonymity. The club had been contacted by Man City who informed them that either the entire squad were for sale or that just every player at Man City had their price depending on different versions of exactly what was said. The journos then checked with some other clubs who confirmed the story but didnt want to be named. They went to press with it. Journos who were in on the story stick by it being accurate at the time of release. Of course since then Mr. T has no doubt changed his mind about selling them all off as he denies it all unless one wants to believe that a group of journos including ones from rival papers invented the whole thing for a laugh. Personally I dont hold jounos in very high esteem but dont see this as a total fabrication.

Apparently sports journos in the UK actually consider Mr. T to be mad, as in mentally unstable. They are probably not totally alone in this assessment.

Barking mad, if you ask me.

Funnily enough that was the exact expression used by one of the journos.

Sometime back on this thread I observed that Thaksin had "Shades of George 3rd" about his behaviour, and I was roundly shouted down, as it was pointed out that Thaksin wasn't the ruler of a country.

Well, that may be so, but does he know that?

Barking mad, if you ask me.

Self destructing comes to mind.

I read an article i posted on the Reading thread this morning and this, may i suggest, is what a club and it,s fan base expect from their chairman / sponsors and what football is meant to be about.

May all administrators also take note of the positive comments that are genuinely made, when they read about it in the U.K. press and hopefully get their act together when sanctioning take overs by people of a questionable status, before even checking them out as regards being fit and proper !!!!!

IMHO as always

marshbags

To do list:

Free noddles for all.

Sing a song

Win a few

Talk of firing coach

Talk of firing whole squad

Upset fans even more.

Sell and put blame on fans.

Mention fearing for my life in England.

Bring up yet another imaginary assassination attempt, fake bomb etc.

Move to Hong Kong.

Thailand 3 Man City 1

In the prophetic pre-match Stare Down Contest, Thaksin lost to Sven by the same 3 to 1 score.

r2087011347.jpg

soccer_bk101.jpg

Yet ONE MORE loss for Thaksin by the score of 3 to 1..... for the auspicious third time.

Man City left red faced

Hong Kong - Manchester City were embarrassed 3-1 by a makeshift South China invitation team on Thursday in what could be Sven Goran-Eriksson's last match in charge.

City, who were missing a host of regulars, took the lead through Dietmar Hamann, but paid for a pedestrian performance as the hosts hit back through Giovane Da Silva, Festus Baise and Liang Zicheng.

City's fourth defeat in a row -- including a 3-1 loss to Thai league all-stars in Bangkok *coupled with Thaksin's 3-1 loss to Sven in a Staring Contest* -- will not help the turmoil at the club, where Eriksson is strongly rumoured to be facing the axe.

"No comment," said the Swede, when asked about his future. "Of course we're disappointed that we lost, but anyhow the most important thing is that we tried to play good football. But we shouldn't have lost." *Sven added, "Still, I did beat Thaksin at the stare-down, so the Asian Tour hasn't been a complete shambles."*

"It's been a very, very long season so I think everybody's looking forward to a break now." *"Especially Thaksin... who hasn't won anything since the December elections."*

The Manchester side, whose city rivals United clinched the European title hours earlier, started well with Martin Petrov and Felipe Caicedo both going close before Hamann's volleyed strike on the quarter-hour.

The German defensive midfielder was surprisingly leading the line when he was picked out by a penetrating ball from City's Geovanni and coolly side-footed past home 'keeper Chung Ho Yin.

But South China invitational, made up of players from various Hong Kong sides, *and a few homeless Chinese found living under the highway overpass near the stadium* were finding cohesion and Goran Stankovski went close with a free-kick before setting up the equaliser on 27 minutes.

The former Macedonia international was picked out on the right of the box by Baise and crossed to Da Silva, who bundled in from close range.

City were offering little in response and Baise put South China invitational 2-1 up just after half-time, pouncing on Stankovski's rebounding shot to score past substitute goalkeeper Richard Martin. The strike briefly stung the Premier League aristocrats into action and Petrov and Geovanni both hit the side-netting.

But substitute Liang delivered the fatal blow when he left City's Chinese international Sun Jihai standing and rounded Martin for the hosts' third on 71 minutes.

Eriksson is refusing to talk about his future after City's billionaire Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra announced an end-of-season review.

Sun, who captained City, may also have been making his last appearance for the club with reports casting doubt on whether he will be offered a new contract.

Italian team Juventus play South China in the second match of Thursday's double-header.

- AFP (today)

Edited by sriracha john

From the Guardian UK:

Manchester City's moral stain*, Thaksin Shinawatra, wants to make inroads in the north just like David Cameron and will swoop for Zenit St Petersburg's jinking genius of a striker, Andre Arshavin. That little deal will cost City £11m.

*For legal reasons, we're obliged to point out that Thaksin Shinawatra is only a moral stain if you believe Amnesty International's statement that: "Thaksin presided over some very serious human rights violations [during his time as Thai prime minister]." You can believe his spokesman's statement that he was the bestest and kindest prime minister that ever lived, if you want to. We're writing this because there's no suppression of the press in Britain, unlike Thailand during Thaksin's time in power**.

**According to Amnesty International.

:o At least some of the newspapers have an idea about how odious Toxin is.

Another Tax Free Deal (or the gain of it?) ??

Source:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articl...to=newsnow&

EXCLUSIVE: Ronaldinho makes overtures to City as his brother flies to Thailand for talks with Thaksin

Last updated at 21:34pm on 23.05.08

Ronaldinho's brother - who also acts as his agent - flew into Thailand for talks with Manchester City last night. He asked for a personal audience with City's powerful owner Thaksin Shinawatra to gauge the interest in the Barcelona playmaker.

The most unlikely transfer of the summer that would take the Brazilian forward to the City of Manchester Stadium is still some way off, with City uncertain as to whether he is worth the financial risk. Ronaldinho would demand a salary of around £200,000-a-week which would make him the highest paid player in the world. Ronaldinho can leave Barcelona and it was believed he would go to AC Milan, but they appear to have gone cool on the deal.

Ronaldinho's brother, Roberto De Assis, was the guest of City's Thai board for their Premier League match with Manchester City in April, as exclusively revealed in Sportsmail. City are to appoint a new manager in the next month and will also have a new executive chairman, Nike supremo Garry Cook by June 1.

Shinawatra would rather Cook and the new manager lead their transfer business, but that did not stop De Assis taking a flight to check out a potential offer. Europe's other clubs seem to be backing off taking Ronaldinho.

Cook has experience of working with some of Nike's biggest names and Ronaldinho has a long-standing arrangement with the world's leading boot manufacturers.

Unquote

£200,000 or THB 12'700'000 or USD 396'000/per week! Crazy! :o

Thaksin and his clan have repeatedly using the tactic of leading the press by feeding them salacious stories. They often turn out to be spurious. They successfully distract the media from stories the clan would rather not the press focus on. It also keeps him name in the press.

Surely this one falls into that category. In fact, what is this website, "thisislondon"?

Has he emptied those semi-frozen bank accounts yet?

^ thisislondon is the website of the Evening Standard a newspaper published 6 days a week in London and, if I recall correctly part of the Northcliffe group, which includes the Daily Mail, a right of centre publication.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Ronaldinho is not Barcelona's playmaker - they don't know how to get rid of that fat cat.

Thaksin could be forced to sign him to pacify the fans, though. Now it's a good time to shake him for some money.