Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hip Hip Hurrah! Our Talksin (ups sorry Thaksin) has won a title in the UK! All Thai people can be so prowed,

and look forward for the Manchester City game next weekend!

2007-08: The good, the bad and the bubbly

Worst owner: 1= Thaksin Shinawatra, Tom Hicks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/12/nosplit/ufnseason112.xml

I just wonder why in Thailand it takes 7 years and approx 51% of the people still don't get it, but in the UK they

only need 1 season, to find out about Thaksin true intentions? Amazing Thailand. :o

Hip Hip Hurrah! Our Talksin (ups sorry Thaksin) has won a title in the UK! All Thai people can be so prowed,

and look forward for the Manchester City game next weekend!

The good, the bad and the bubbly

Worst owner: Thaksin Shinawatra

I see a second round of congratulations are due to Thakky!!!...... Well done!!! :o

the owner was happy with how the season had progressed and would be content with a top-10 finish,

Congrats Thakky... you finished in the top-10!!!!! whee!!

Goal.Com 10 Worst Transfers Of The Season

#7. Rolando Bianchi (to Manchester City)

Sven-Goran Eriksson's Manchester City revolution has been admirable. Yes, he has Thaksin Shinawatra's big black sack of quite-possibly-laundered money *hahahaha..had to laugh at that description* :D to back him up, but he has spent fairly well and has a good eye for talent. Bianchi, though, just did not work out.

An emerging Italian striker with a suitably physical presence about him that would have you believe he might be able to cut it against the hard-men otherwise known as Premier League defenders, Sven took a chance with Bianchi. Splashing out a sizeable £8.8 million *545,336,648 Baht* :D to land the 25-year-old from Serie A relegation strugglers Reggina, with whom Bianchi had previously enjoyed two successful seasons, the City fans were expectant.

Edited by sriracha john

Angry Sven Goran Eriksson slams Thaksin Shinawatra

Sven Goran Eriksson claims Thaksin Shinawatra's dithering is damaging Manchester City. City have been left paralysed while Eriksson and everyone else at the club waits for the Thai owner to sack him.

Shinawatra is prolonging the agony by making the Swede fly out today on the club's tour of Thailand and Hong Kong.

"There is an uncertainty and that's not good for anyone," said Eriksson.

"I want to be told whether or not I am the manager for next season as soon as possible. If it's the owner's opinion that I am not the right man, I'd like him to say that face to face."

- Mirror (today)

His kids are his to sell.

Yeah. But who would buy them? Or indeed anything from Little Hitler.

I suggest that MCFC sound out Mugabe about buying the club. They couldn't be accused of inconsistency then, could they?

Hey, but I thought Man City fans don't do hooliganism?!!! And after all that stinging criticism of anyone who dared comment on the how the fans were being taken for a ride and used by Herr Chairman. :D

Seems like someone's credibility is in tatters, and I don't mean Sven or Toxin. Look who's the Humpty Dumpty now! :D

Feel a bit sorry for the long suffering City fans. Ah well, now at least when Sven goes the fans can feel like they got rid of the guy that brought them that thrashing.

Next year is probably giong to get worse, not better.

I'm not sure about the "long suffering" bit Steve. After all, they were all over Toxin and his dosh, when he bought them last year. They ignored the pundits warnings when he tried and succeeded in buying their loyalty with the oldest trick in the book - a free meal and entertainment - courtesy of the lovely, busty Mai and the sun shone out his ringpiece the first few months of the season, drowning out any reasoned criticism that this was not the sort of man to trust with 5 baht of your money, let alone your beloved football club.

Like the FA, the fans must take their share of responsibility for welcoming Frank with open arms and pretending he was a good 'un.

Let's hope you're right about next season though, as sooner or later he's either going to have to dump the asset as non-performing, or he's going to have to dig very deep into his stash of loot in British Virgin Islands and elsewhere, and buy some quality players and a loyal manager that will take being a minion while still bringing results at the top of the game. He obviously thought they grew on trees when he decided to dump Sven. :o

• The Guardian, Wednesday May 14 2008
    How Thaksin turned from saviour to sinner in a single season
    Fans who failed to question the Thai owner's past are now shocked to see how authoritarian he can be
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/ma...p;feed=football
    When Manchester City were about to be sold to Thaksin Shinawatra last summer the men in charge of City rejected any concerns about whether his really was the safest pair of hands for the self-styled true Manchester club. A cursory Google search could have told them of the long-standing allegations of human rights abuses, including the killing without trial of people suspected of drugs offences, while Thaksin was the prime minister of Thailand, and of other authoritarian aspects of his rule.
    Thaksin has not attended all City matches himself, having been busy fighting off the two corruption charges eventually laid against him and helping the PPP, the political party comprising many former members of his dissolved Thai Rak Thai party, to win the Thai elections. His ownership of City, in a nation hooked on televised Premier League matches, has been a priceless vehicle for buffing his public image and it is apt that the final meetings at which Eriksson is due to learn his fate are expected to take place during City's tour of Thailand, rather than in Manchester.
    Unquote
    Click above to read all
    I agree with Plus, City didn't check enough or was blinded by the money, as still most Thai politicians are today as well; instead of serving their country and people who elected them. Thaksin remains a very bad role model (Remember him saying as PM: Corruption is normal!? :o ) for the whole population of Thailand and is spreading his thaksinomics now into the UK :D (at least hope is here, as/but they seam to react and reject it more quickly than the Thais do)

You guys talk as if we have been relegated or something. We have just had our highest finish in years. That in my opinion is a pretty good season and hopefully one we can build on. Yes, alot of people are p1ssed about Sven's treatment and i too think he should be given longer but he isn't the first Manager to be (or about to be) sacked. Remember what Abbramovich did to Mourinho this season, that wasn't popular with Chealse fans either.

Fans sold their shares in the club, too. The offer was too sweet to resist, I understand, though I might be wrong.

Without those fans selling their shares, we would have been about the same as last season, if not worse and probably looking at relegation. Also there are still many who didn't sell their shares, i think they are useless pieces of paper now.

Running a premier league football club is no easy thing and chairmen often end up hated by supporters, attacked in the media etc etc. It is also a quick way to lose shed loads of money unless you have some ManUesque marketing machine and even there the glaziers suffered a period of hatred. It will be interesting to see how Mr. T copes with all of this quite normal behaviour in the world of EPL drama. It is a lot harder to control the back pages of the british tabloids and the freedom of expression on the terraces than to control the Thai politcal scene. Guess he better throw shed loads more money at bringing in some names familiar to all who play "football manager". May I suggest Jo and Carraciollo up front with Chygrynski partnering Richards at the back and possibly Renato Augusto and Guardado down the flanks and Sahin playing the creative role in the middle. Might as well throw in Van Den Bore as the versatile cover for all positions too. Should keep the fans happy. Hope he isnt only loaning the club money to do it all with too.

Without those fans selling their shares, we would have been about the same as last season

That's true. Thaksin hired Sven, Thaksin fired him. Fans should say thank you for the exciting first half of the season at least and look forward to the next adventure.

In a way you ARE were you were last season, back on square one. Only this time you've got reputation (I mean Thaksin, not the fans).

What kind of manager will work for him next season? I think of two possibilities - someone after the money (it actually pays better to screw the club and get fired), or someone naive enough to believe that it was all one big misunderstanding and it was all Sven's fault.

Either way - you are screwed. Maybe not relegation like screwed, though it's always an option given second half performances, but you'll get more excitement watching battles off the field than from the game itself, that's for sure.

chairmen often end up hated by supporters

Not often, not often at all, definitely not after the most successful season in years. Imagine what would happen if Sity slipped out of the top ten next year.

Man City players arrive in Bangkok

The first batch of Manchester City footballers have landed at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday afternoon. They were accompanied out of the airport by Thaksin Shinawatra’s son, Panthongtae, to a hotel in Bangkok as soon as their plane landed. Manchester City football club’s manager Sven Goran Eriksson is expected to arrive in the evening with the rest of the players. Manchester City, whose chairman is ousted Thai PM Thaksin, will be playing a friendly match against the

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=127652

=============================================================================

Part of the Welcoming Committee???? :o

flag.jpg

A group of protesters gather in front of the British Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday to condemn British football fans who put name of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on the Thai national flag.

Bangkok Post

Man City players arrive in Bangkok

The first batch of Manchester City footballers have landed at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday afternoon. They were accompanied out of the airport by Thaksin Shinawatra’s son, Panthongtae, to a hotel in Bangkok as soon as their plane landed. Manchester City football club’s manager Sven Goran Eriksson is expected to arrive in the evening with the rest of the players. Manchester City, whose chairman is ousted Thai PM Thaksin, will be playing a friendly match against the

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=127652

=============================================================================

Part of the Welcoming Committee???? :o

flag.jpg

A group of protesters gather in front of the British Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday to condemn British football fans who put name of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on the Thai national flag.

Bangkok Post

Since there is no evidence that the Man City fans responsible for the offending flag had any ulterior motive, one can only describe this gaggle as morons.If one was looking for powerful figures who have dishonoured the Thai flag, there are targets much closer to home.

You guys talk as if we have been relegated or something. We have just had our highest finish in years. That in my opinion is a pretty good season and hopefully one we can build on.

Your club has become the joke of the premier league due to the new owner, and you call it a successful season?

:o

You guys talk as if we have been relegated or something. We have just had our highest finish in years. That in my opinion is a pretty good season and hopefully one we can build on.

Your club has become the joke of the premier league due to the new owner, and you call it a successful season?

:D

Pray tell, who your lot is then ?

And yes, i call it quite a successful season. Ask any Derby, Reading or Birmingham fan, if they wished their team had finished 9th. Then maybe ask a Chelsea fan if they where happy when Mourinho got sacked. Then maybe ask a Newcastle fan if they where happy with Sam Allardyce. Then maybe ask........The list goes on and on and all soon gets forgotten when something happens at another club and this story is no longer newsworthy. :o

And yes, i call it quite a successful season. Ask any Derby, Reading or Birmingham fan, if they wished their team had finished 9th.

If any of the three teams that you mention had finished 9th then I suppose that they could be well satisfied. What you haven't brought into your calculation is the level of support, financial and otherwise, that those teams have. Given the off field resources that your team have, their on field performance has been pathetic, or so thinks the owner of the club. A fairer comparison would have been with Everton - who will play in Europe next year.

If I were a Man City supporter, which, not being into masochism I'm not, I would be worried about next season's prospects. Having initially played above themselves they started going backwards as soon other teams had figured them out. The cherry on the cake came when Middlesborough who had scored all of 19 goals in 18 home matches, stuffed 8 past them. I cannot help but think that or a day or two that result brightened up the lives of the many Thais who have suffered at the hands of Mr. Big.

And yes, i call it quite a successful season. Ask any Derby, Reading or Birmingham fan, if they wished their team had finished 9th.

If any of the three teams that you mention had finished 9th then I suppose that they could be well satisfied. What you haven't brought into your calculation is the level of support, financial and otherwise, that those teams have.

Pretty difficult to bring that into the calculation, as it doesn't neccessarily mean you finish higher. Reading finished 8th last year, relegated this year. Sunderland have a bigger gate than city and they finished 15th. Newcastle do too and they finished 12th. Following a season in which we fought off relegation, the target at the beginning of the season was to finish in the top ten, job done. This was accepted by everyone at the start of the season, as being a realistic target. Yes, i wished we had finished higher, doesn't everyone. Nontheless we achieved better than the target that was set, hopefully we can now build on that for next season.

Given the off field resources that your team have, their on field performance has been pathetic, or so thinks the owner of the club. A fairer comparison would have been with Everton - who will play in Europe next year.

I don't think so. Everton finished 6th last year, they have improved 1 position, built on an already strong squad and had a good season. How's about Tottenham then, they have good support and finished 5th last year. Finished 11th this year, i think they will consider that to be a major failing. Bolton finished 7th last year and 16th this year.

So i repeat, i am satisfied with our overall finish. Whether i'm satisfied with our chairman and the way he has treated Sven is a different matter.

Overall the season was ok, but if consider the form and results of the second half, there's nothing to be proud of.

Basically City lived off the points earned pre-Christmas, if the season was a bit longer they could have easily slipped back to 14th the way things were going.

So i repeat, i am satisfied with our overall finish. Whether i'm satisfied with our chairman and the way he has treated Sven is a different matter.

Can we take that to mean then that you would support the flag produced on the right in Post #855 more so than the one on the left?

Edited by sriracha john

Can we take that to mean then that you would support the flag produced on the right in Post #855 more so than the one on the left?

No, you can't take it to mean anything of the sort SJ. This isn't the BBC's 'HardTalk' show, so do not try to lure or entrap me to try and satisfy your bias political views. I will talk about the football matters but refrain from getting drawn into the political side. :o

This isn't the BBC's 'HardTalk' show, so do not try to lure or entrap me

:D :D :o

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, some positive news.... it looks like Suree WILL get the chance to play for Manchester City this year afterall.....

in fact, all the three Thais will..

Thai Players Set to Play for Man City in Game with Thai League All Stars

Three Thai players who signed a contract with the Manchester City Football Club will play a friendly game with the Thailand Premier League's All-Stars this Saturday.

Meanwhile, Man City's Swedish manager remains tight lipped over his future.

The Swedish manager of Manchester City Football Club in the English Premier League, Sven Goran Eriksson declines to comment on the speculation that the club's president and former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will sack him after the conclusion of the team's end-of-season tour in Asia.

Eriksson and the club's youth team arrived in Thailand last night after the senior squad landed at the Suvarnabhumi airport a few hours earlier.

Meanwhile, three Thai national players including Suree Sukha, Kietpravudh Saiwaew, and Thirasilp Dangda, who recently signed contracts with Manchester City, are expected to be sent on the pitch in the game with the all-star team of Thailand's Premier League on Saturday.

As for the other club's activities in Thailand, its players and staff members will join the opening ceremony of the Manchester City Store tomorrow at the Shinawatra Building. *That's too funny.* :D

They're set to visit the popular tourist destination of Pattaya before leaving for Hong Kong on Tuesday. *Take it easy on Pattaya, Sven.*

- Thailand Outlook (today)

Edited by sriracha john

When Man City arrived in Thailand there were only eight fans greeting them at the airport, if not for the journos they would the team would have passed completely unnoticed.

That's how Thaksin's plan of turning the club into a global brand is going. He used to pay crowds to attend, but that's obviously this is not how football clubs become famous.

His whole "vision" for the club rested on raising funds from Asia. Gate receipts and TV rights are fixed income, was always barely enough to cover operational expenses for City, isn't that right?

When Man City arrived in Thailand there were only eight fans greeting them at the airport, if not for the journos they would the team would have passed completely unnoticed.

Have you got a link to the source of that story Plus. According to the city web site this is what they say http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=...;newsid=3992534

City arrive safely in Thailand

Manchester City's touring party for the post-season visit to Thailand and Hong Kong have this afternoon arrived in a rainy and humid Bangkok amid mass crowds and flash bulbs.

The Blues touched down in soggy surroundings more familiar to Manchester at Suvarnabhumi Airport before being escorted to down town Bangkok.

On arrival at their hotel yet more photographers, TV crews and supporters watched every move as they checked in for the first part of the Thai leg of the two-game Asian tour.

Speaking of the reception the squad received, striker Darius Vassell exclusively told mcfc.co.uk: "It's fantastic to be as well received as we have been here today.

"I think a few of the boys expected a quiet arrival, but Kelvin and Kasper have been here before and told me what to expect, they certainly weren't wrong!"

Manager Sven-Goran Eriksson added: "Once again it's a real pleasure to be here and the welcome was amazing too."

I'm sure if there was only 8 fans, they would have worded it differently on the city web site, so as not to be caught out by the english press.

This just keeps getter funnier and funnier. How wrong I was before to be upset about Toxin being able to buy a footie club. Som nom naa to the fans who sold out to this cretin. Reap what you sow and all that:)

From todays Daily Express.

"Tycoon Thaksin Shinawatra has put Manchester City’s entire squad up for sale in the latest twist to his bizarre behaviour."

Brilliant stuff.