Subway Vigilante Who Choked Jordan Neely to Be Arrested on Manslaughter Charge

onthedarkside

image.png.dcee7bdf1499fbfe7a130670bedcc0b4.png

Daniel Penny, the man captured on video choking Jordan Neely to death on a New York City subway on May 1, will be arrested on a charge of second-degree manslaughter, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday.

The charge comes after more than a week of protest in the city, where tensions have been simmering. Even Mayor Eric Adams conceded Wednesday, “Jordan Neely did not deserve to die.”

The horrifying incident was recorded by onlookers on an F train in Manhattan. Through his lawyers, Penny, 24, alleges that he acted to protect himself and others after Neely “began aggressively threatening” him.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/subway-vigilante-choked-jordan-neely-212629930.html

image.png.cb09cf9ad7fd8c1c721c893a5adac952.png

• Sad 3

If the only outcome of a confrontation has to result in death then I fear where we might be headed.

Given the choice to a.) walk away, or b.) physical action resulting in the death of a human being, I'll go with a.)

It's also disappointing to read about some other riders on the car, two of whom (visible in the photo above I think) were said to have held Mr. Neely's arms during the ~ two minute choke out, and others said or did nothing.

I'm sure (my opinion, I haven't ridden the NYC subway in 25 years) there are dozens of disagreements and confrontations on the subway daily. I guess I'm thankful all do not result in death.

Edited by bamnutsak

20 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I am concerned the democrat's attempts to fool he public into thinking this guy was lynched by a racist because he was impersonating MJ very misleading. Way more than misleading in fact. Ms Pressley should have shown footage of the thug threatening the public, seems they just can't help being inflammatory.

Why so divisive the guy skrewed up he should be charged appropriately but why would you say the dem are trying to make it akin to a lynching restraining a nut job is acceptable Imo but not onto death 15 minutes in a chokehold obviously is over kill no pun intended rip dude you may have deserved to be restrained but not killed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I am concerned the democrat's attempts to fool he public into thinking this guy was lynched by a racist because he was impersonating MJ very misleading. Way more than misleading in fact. Ms Pressley should have shown footage of the thug threatening the public, seems they just can't help being inflammatory.

More baseless accusations.

Please provide evidence to back up your assertion ‘lynched by a racist because he was impersonating MJ

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Talk to anyone who has ridden the subway in NYC lately. It is not good. Not safe. No police in sight.  No escape when you are in a deep hole in the ground, trapped in a metal tube, and confronted by an aggressive man with obvious mental health problems.  

In this case, the deceased had more than 40 previous arrests. Fourty.  Including assault on  an elderly woman and attempted kidnapping of a child. There is NO WAY he should have been on the street roaming free. 

As for the brave Marine who did the right thing, he deserves a commendation. He stepped in to protect his fellow New Yorkers from a threat.  Also notice in the video footage that, once he felt Neely had been subdued, he and others tried to HELP him. They rolled him into the "recovery position" and still had to wait for any law enforcement.  IMHO he did his best in a bad situation. 

Revolting, but not unexpected.

1 minute ago, NickyLouie said:

Nope I've ridden the subway when a total nutter like this gets on and starts going off in a closed train car, under the current democratic policies even when they do assault somebody within hours they are back on street doing the same thing.

Here is a man who would not take it anymore, he stood up against the scum and the filth - the real rain has come to wash all scum off the streets.

And the same whiny ppl who get beatdowns are now protesting how horrible Penny is for not laying down and letting an animal run rampant.

Depending on his story and the evidence he has a decent chance of acquital by a jury. But sorry civilized societies of laws can't condone vigilante justice. A man is dead. That deserves the law's attention.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

Wow, you may not see any women riding the subway again as no man  is going to jump in and help them if they get into trouble.

The point is to try harder to avoid to kill people unless it's legit self defense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Racists felt they could be more open about it but that hasn't really stopped. His fascism has inflicted a very long lasting social infection.

Yes, I appreciate that. The poster implied the democrats had implemented policies  to allow offenders to be immediately released to reoffend......which surprises me.

7 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Nope I've ridden the subway when a total nutter like this gets on and starts going off in a closed train car, under the current democratic policies even when they do assault somebody within hours they are back on street doing the same thing.

Here is a man who would not take it anymore, he stood up against the scum and the filth - the real rain has come to wash all scum off the streets.

And the same whiny ppl who get beatdowns are now protesting how horrible Penny is for not laying down and letting an animal run rampant.

‘Scum and filth’.

Go on tell us what you really think.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Wow, you may not see any women riding the subway again as no man  is going to jump in and help them if they get into trouble.

Oh, the men protecting women thing comes up again.

So soon after defending a confirmed by court male abuser of women.

My goodness how the world turns.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Looks to me like he DID try. But when you are in a situation where you are trying to submit someone, and they are on top of you, you cannot release the hold until you are sure that the other person is unconscious.  The marine was on the bottom. If he let the guy go and the guy wasnt out, it would be very dangerous. The guy could renew his attack, start kicking/punching, maybe draw a weapon....  nah. Once you have put someone in a submission style hold like that you are committed. 

Thankfully the court will only consider what did take place, not the fantasy stuff you are indulging in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1